Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help!! Silly mistake leads to no application?!? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I completed an application form for a 6th form I want to go to. Once I completed it, the application has already been sent and I received and email to check the data I put in and make sure it was correct. Note that it said "Application has been submitted", but I accidentaly deleted the email. Does this mean they wont be able to see my application form???? HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    It seems odd that once it said submitted they asked you to "check the data". How soon after submitting did you receive this email?

On your email there is a deleted folder, where you can retrieve your emails. However, I assume you have already done this. Your only other option is to email or phone the school.

NB: If the email was received a few days or several hours after you submitted it may not be automated, sometimes people just miss something on the application which they need. It`s not a big deal though, and nothing to worry about. Just ring up the school (quickest way) and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talullah399)
    It seems odd that once it said submitted they asked you to "check the data". How soon after submitting did you receive this email?

On your email there is a deleted folder, where you can retrieve your emails. However, I assume you have already done this. Your only other option is to email or phone the school.

NB: If the email was received a few days or several hours after you submitted it may not be automated, sometimes people just miss something on the application which they need. It`s not a big deal though, and nothing to worry about. Just ring up the school (quickest way) and ask.
    But does this mean all the data i put in has been deleted??
    Thanks for the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Userstudent123)
    Thanks for the answer
    Of course not. Sometimes people just miss things like "daytime telephone" because they are too engaged with the academic part of the application.

It really is not something to worry about. If you ring the sixth form you will have your answer in 2 minutes.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Userstudent123)
    Thanks for the answer
    I doubt it as you will have submitted your information on their system. The email is just a reminder If you're worried ring them up and double check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I doubt it as you will have submitted your information on their system. The email is just a reminder If you're worried ring them up and double check.
    Thank you soo much, but the thing is, now is half term holidays, so i will have to wait a few days

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.