The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by amamanon
How many A1s did u get? I only got . But i was 1 mark off in 2 subjects and 3 marks off in another subject. Apparently all As arent enough.

Well done on your A’s! I think when it comes to band 1’s, colleges have their own requirements. I have actually decided not to apply to Cambridge any more bc I went down with a friend during the summer and, although I loved the place, I personally wasn’t a big fan of their course structure. But we spoke to quite a few of the colleges about banding and most didn’t really seem to care that much. It would probably be worth calling up the ones you’re interested in :smile:
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Heya guys,

Current Second year medical student at Cambridge. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have openly on the forum or via pm if you have anything personal you'd like to ask. I'm not an official rep for Cambridge but I do represent a current students perspective and any opinions given are mine and mine only.

Hope everyone isn't too stressed about exam results and I wish you all the best of luck!!

Elliott

What are the grades of most of ur fellow Scottish students? What bands did they get?
I dont think i have enough so asking what people that go there have.
What's the typical offer for Cambridge med?
Reply 83
Original post by googlyeyed400
What's the typical offer for Cambridge med?

A*A*A as per the entry requirements.
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine#entry-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do most colleges prefer you to have an A* prediction in Chemistry? My current stats are:
-GCSE: 7A*s, 9,8,7
-Predictions: A* in Maths, A* in Bio, A in Chem, A in RS, although my teachers might change my prediction to an A* in Chem.

How is everyone finding BMAT practice - what resources are you using?
Original post by XxSaruman82xX
Do most colleges prefer you to have an A* prediction in Chemistry? My current stats are:
-GCSE: 7A*s, 9,8,7
-Predictions: A* in Maths, A* in Bio, A in Chem, A in RS, although my teachers might change my prediction to an A* in Chem.

How is everyone finding BMAT practice - what resources are you using?

It's not mandated, no: the grades can be achieved in any acceptable subject combination.
Hi just wanted to introduce myself, I’m Shaun and I’ll be applying to selwyn for 2019 entry, anyone else? X
Have people decided what colleges they are applying for?
Original post by crazychameleon
Have people decided what colleges they are applying for?

I'm applying to Clare. wbu?
I have a few questions and was wondering if I could pM?
That's quite specific - anything non-medics and Queens or medics at Cambridge could answer?
Original post by nexttime
That's quite specific - anything non-medics and Queens or medics at Cambridge could answer?

I'm just wondering if my bmat of 5.1, 6.4, 3.5A is competitive for cambridge as a gap year student. Some colleges are more bmat heavy and i'm wondering if this is the case for Queen's. I have 3A*s 1A at A2 and 11A* at GCSE. I am thinking of Imperial, Edinburgh and Brighton too.
Original post by melonmelon
I'm applying to Clare. wbu?

Between Clare, Emmanuel and Pembroke.
Just hit pay and send on my app. am applying for st. john's
Original post by milalihan
Just hit pay and send on my app. am applying for st. john's

How do you actually pay on ucas?
Original post by Samanthaplague
How do you actually pay on ucas?

just with your debit card.
Original post by milalihan
just with your debit card.

Right, does it give you this option after pressing pay and send
Original post by Samanthaplague
Right, does it give you this option after pressing pay and send

yes
Reply 98
Hi! I'm applying to Clare
with the bmat, i've only done some of section 2 along side my alevels bc it's revising and prepping at the same time.
has anyone went of the 6med bmat course/ any useful courses?
Cambridge has three medicine tracks: Standard Entry (SE6), Affiliate Entry (AE5) and Graduate Entry (GE4). How do they compare in terms of competiteveness of getting in?
AE5 < SE6 < GE4 ?
or
SE6 < AE5 < GE4 ?
or
SE6 < GE4 < AE5 ?
or
GE4 < SE5 < SE6 ?

Latest

Trending

Trending