Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep
    • Thread Starter

     Official Rep
    Higher education institutions will typically offer hardship funds to assist students with additional financial expenditure arising from unforeseen events (e.g. theft, fire) or due to circumstances over and above the usual costs facing an individual student. So, if you have further to travel, childcare responsibilities or higher than average course costs, you might be able to get some additional financial support from a hardship fund.

    If you make a successful application, you might find that it is a contribution to your situation, rather than all the money you require, but the Fund will usually try to make a meaningful contribution - and the money does not usually need to be paid back.
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.