The Student Room Group

Sales assistant-No experience jobs. What is the catch

Looking on jobsites I see lots of sales assistant/trainee recruitment consultant jobs that say no experience necessary. Theres loads offering huge wages like £30k in the first year, it all seems unrealistic. im presuming theres some sort of catch im unaware of
Reply 1
Likely to be comission-based work at best, pyramid scheme or similar at worst. Could also be a dressed-up door-to-door sales gig. Hard to say without any more detail really, but if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Original post by lowtestbeta
Looking on jobsites I see lots of sales assistant/trainee recruitment consultant jobs that say no experience necessary. Theres loads offering huge wages like £30k in the first year, it all seems unrealistic. im presuming theres some sort of catch im unaware of

I agree with @Dez, it is more likely commissioned based.
It's more about your determination and how well you're willing to hit, meet and even exceed your targets.
Original post by BritishGirl
I agree with @Dez, it is more likely commissioned based.
It's more about your determination and how well you're willing to hit, meet and even exceed your targets.

Original post by Dez
Likely to be comission-based work at best, pyramid scheme or similar at worst. Could also be a dressed-up door-to-door sales gig. Hard to say without any more detail really, but if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

luckily there was a reddit post on the front page which related to my question. A **** ton of people signed up to similar positions and you're completely right with the commission/pyramid schemes/door to door.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/7xqg0q/whats_the_quickest_youve_noped_out_of_a_job/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending