Turn on thread page Beta

History GCSE structuring answers watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the best way to structure answers for 4, 12 and 16 mark questions? Any tips for what needs to be included to get top marks?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by elshooper01)
    What's the best way to structure answers for 4, 12 and 16 mark questions? Any tips for what needs to be included to get top marks?
    Hi there :wavey:
    I've moved your thread to the History study help forum where hopefully you'll get better answers
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Either:
    1. Get a revision book i.e CGP.
    2. Look on youtube. for the exam paper and question number as lots of teachers explain methodology.
    3. read mark schemes.

Sorry post#4 is more useful as i ignore the 4,6,12 thing..
    My points are relevant though you just need to find the methodology.and then practice.

ReputationRep:

For a 4 marker, based on the type of question you would normally get, you should describe the event in slight detail also making sure to add key dates and people etc.

For an 8 marker, which normally ask for cause and effect depending on what syllabus you are using, you need to explain in your point of view; what you think the effects were, their reliability, content etc and make sure you state WHY this happened in order to achieve full marks.

For the 16 marker you are normally given two or three bullet points on what to include in the essay. You need to elaborate on the points and make extra points based on your own knowledge of the question adding key facts and figures where possible. As well as that you should also include an introduction and a conclusion and your conclusion should always relate back to the question in order to get all 16 marks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.