Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have applied for manchester uni, i was wondering if i dont get a place in their accomidation, how do i go about getting my own place?
    bare in mind my credit is bad, im trying to build it up before i move there, like paying balances off ahat i owe etc.

any tips?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by RepliedJewel)
    i have applied for manchester uni, i was wondering if i dont get a place in their accomidation, how do i go about getting my own place?
    bare in mind my credit is bad, im trying to build it up before i move there, like paying balances off ahat i owe etc.

any tips?
    The uni has an accommodation guarantee for first years.
    http://www.accommodation.manchester....tionguarantee/

In the event its not applicable then have at least 6 weeks deposit and potentially a guarantor.

Alternatively join a pre existing household or try and get a private ll direct who might not bother with credit checks.

ReputationRep:
    i have applied its a matter of waiting for a response from them.

thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a student, but I rented a room in fallowfield [student area] for a while ...which i found on spareroom.co.uk and i didn't need a guarnteer

and the landlord did not bother to check out my employment either

ReputationRep:
    ty for your reply anm, that is something im looking into also. That would give me time to boost my credit rating while living in Manchester before getting my own place. its exciting and scary at the same time

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.