Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Boy aged 17 killed in a series of stabbings taking place in Newham, East London! watch

ReputationRep:
    Knife crime in London is a direct cause of the poor school system and social services because you end up with excluded kids who don't have anywhere to go so they just roam around the streets. Also knife crime is glamorized among the youth there are pages literally dedicated to reporting the latest stabbings and the gang activity that goes on forcing gang members to retaliate because they don't want to be seen as the "loosing side" we suffer from the same problem as Chicago since stabbing someone is essentially seen a game, taking someones life or using a knife isn't viewed as serious the people doing the stabbings don't realize the impact of it they just see it as a scoring a point and they either expect you to retaliate or do nothing. There's so much things going on that's contributing to this knife crime. We need to start just giving excluded kids a chance or somewhere else don't just let them be on the streets for 6/7hrs because trouble is inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    I bet she’s actually a 40 year old man.
    Hey! This comment isn't nice can you please delete it?
    I'm not 40 nor am I an old man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    Hey! This comment isn't nice can you please delete it?
    I'm not 40 nor am I an old man.
    It was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Racism is discrimination not pointing out facts.

The majority of stabbings in London are orchestrated by black youths in gangs over something so minuscule. Usually shoes.
    The city in Britain with most gang violent is Glasgow it has a higher murder rate per person than Trinidad and Tobago most of people killed are young white working class men/women under the age of thirty.

The media only cares what happen in London and the South East they don't report on knife crime in Scotland or the rest of Britain

ReputationRep:
    Just another day in London.

ReputationRep:
    tbh gang life in London is quite similar to the American dream. in the sense that you have these 'ring leaders' who use the cash they get from selling weed and the girls they play to entice 13/14/15/16 year old kids. these kids, harmless kids nonetheless, become runners but then get stuck into the ganglife and are forced to make bad decisions eg guns and etc.

to solve the problem, kill the 'ring leader'. or in legal terms, why can't police people do their research and arrest them.

with regards to those baiting out videos, they are harmless. it was a trend that just died down. the core problem is that for kids, being part of a gang isnt only prestigious (for them at that age) but its a free lunch in the sense that you don't need qualifications or anything, just sell weed and you'll make a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usfbullz)
    Just another day in London.
    Not necessarily. London is a beautiful place

ReputationRep:
    When people aren’t getting stabbed, bombed or acid thrown in their face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    When people aren’t getting stabbed, bombed or acid thrown in their face
    Ok!

ReputationRep:
    Parts of London are lovely, other parts are not so.

ReputationRep:
    Invite people from violent parts of the world to settle in London: stabbings and acid attacks increase.
    Reduce stop-and-search to not appear racist: stabbings increase.

Inferior cultural values and poor parenting are ultimately to blame. But in these times of "'equality" and the unassailable good that is multiculturalism, it is not correct to suggest the obvious.

So anything and everything else will continue to be blamed. And the cycle will repeat.

That's how it works in PC-obsessed Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Stop and search is controversial because police officers may target a specific group of people due to a stereotype.
    I'm not saying that this is true but a police officer is more likely to target an ethnic minority male wearing a tracksuit in Newham.
    E.g :
    "I'm not saying that this is true but a police officer is more likely to target an ethnic minority male wearing a tracksuit in Newham"

If you are not saying it is true, how exactly do you know a police officer is more likely to target an ethnic minority?

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that Life guarantees is Death. There is no stopping it and there will always be people trying to kill others for one reason or another.

ReputationRep:
    I love how the police officer in the photo of the article is just perching on the car doing nothing, great metaphor for how these things keep happening and the police can't do anything to stop them!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A somewhat dubious proposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip Banks)
    "I'm not saying that this is true but a police officer is more likely to target an ethnic minority male wearing a tracksuit in Newham"

If you are not saying it is true, how exactly do you know a police officer is more likely to target an ethnic minority?
    Because I don't have the statistics
    But I've seen police officers come up to boys in groups and pretend to "chat" with them etc in a condescending manner.

ReputationRep:
    Black gang crime, nothing new here. Don’t care tbh, they can kill each other as long as they don’t get in my way.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! At school every single one of us was told not to go home in groups of more than 3!
    My school is pretty much 95% ethnic minority, there are only 3 white girls in my year, one of them curls their hair, the other is practically Nigerian (in tastes,style etc) and the other is polish!
    But in another school they wouldn't tell you to walk in groups of more than 3?

--- *But this came about after a boy was stabbed in head outside the school gates*

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't have the statistics
    But I've seen police officers come up to boys in groups and pretend to "chat" with them etc in a condescending manner.
    You are generalizing things far too much. Did you not claim a few days back that Newham was the roughest area in the UK?

Surely large gangs of youths are concerning for the authorities considering all of the stabbings and armed robberies.

You are making this about race when it really does not have to be about race. If you have no proof/statistics, you don't have a leg to stand on.

>People complain about the disconnect between the police and the community.
    >The police attempt to chat with the locals.
    >Deemed "condescending"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip Banks)
    You are generalizing things far too much. Did you not claim a few days back that Newham was the roughest area in the UK?

Surely large gangs of youths are concerning for the authorities considering all of the stabbings and armed robberies.

You are making this about race when it really does not have to be about race. If you have no proof/statistics, you don't have a leg to stand on.

>People complain about the disconnect between the police and the community.
    >The police attempt to chat with the locals.
    >Deemed "condescending"
    I think you mixed up gangs with groups.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Just because a group of boys are in tracksuits and they're ethnic minorities doesn't mean they're in a gang.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.