Turn on thread page Beta

Boy aged 17 killed in a series of stabbings taking place in Newham, East London! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    I think you mixed up gangs with groups.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Just because a group of boys are in tracksuits and they're ethnic minorities doesn't mean they're in a gang.

Just a little correction for you.

A definition of a gang - "a group of people, especially young people, who regularly associate together"

ReputationRep:
    I think you mixed up gangs with groups. Just because a group of boys are in tracksuits and they're ethnic minorities doesn't mean they're in a gang.
    I'm sure you'll understand why innocent passers-by will be cautious and treat them as if they are likely to be, and why the police, in protecting the interests of those people, will do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does this happen every other day in Newham?
    Article: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43069664

The boy was pronounced dead at the scene and was only 17 years old!
    The stabbing was also premeditated. Someone went out of their way to end someone else's life!

So terrible and I really do not like what is on the news at this time of the year.
    That's really sad :'(

Happens a lot though, all over the country. It's a horrible world we live in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.