Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does anyone know when the reading list would be published for Law? Similarly, if anyone has any advice on useful preliminary reading to prepare for the course that would be great!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by cj_coyle99)
    Hi,
    Does anyone know when the reading list would be published for Law? Similarly, if anyone has any advice on useful preliminary reading to prepare for the course that would be great!
    Just e-mail the department. Tbh after A levels imo just enjoy your summer or earn some money.

ReputationRep:
    You won't get your reading lists officially until closer to the time that you arrive. In fact, if I remember correctly, we weren't aware of the exact reading lists until what the university calls "Welcome Week" (which is Fresher's week).

I would second the above post and say just relax! Enjoy the holiday after your exams as the law school won't expect you to have an in-depth knowledge of criminal law precedents when you arrive. They recognise you've just come off the back of important exams and that overloading you during your break won't do you much good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got my reading list during fresher's. If you're going to read something them understand the types of sources of law, what they actually are and how they're made. Common law, statutes etc. That'll ensure you cam focus on the real stuff when lecturers start but tbh there's not too much to prep
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.