Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[Currently:EASTER PANIC] Interesting Name Here watch

ReputationRep:
    uh... hey. welcome to my blog I guess... LET'S GROW SOME GRADES LADS

Who am I?
    Well, I'm just one of those random humans who wants to do Medicine at University. I take the sciences and maths as well as an EPQ and random greek lessons on occasion (was going to do the gcse but effort man). I'm predicted 4As which kinda sucks cause I was so close to an A* prediction in Chemistry and Maths. And I had to rethink my choices in light of the changes.... rip my top choice...

Why this?
    • I still wanna get an A* in Maths at the very least.
    • Biology is currently at B despite the A prediction and I'd like to work on that
    • My EPQ (the essay part) is due in 6 days and I've done 600/5000 words so we gotta work on that.

So I thought it'd be a great idea to run a blog (procrastination ftw)... someone force me to write, please.

Misc

Unis:
    • Birmingham
    • Queen Marys
    • Leicester
    • Kings (I applied there anyways... Bad Decisions With Bianica™)

ReputationRep:
    Currently
    Easter Revision Time! I've got another set of mocks after we get back, so hopefully, I'll get an A in biology this time around!

Posting Schedule
    Daily hopefully

ReputationRep:

I swear if I have to type this out one more time I'll hurt something. (Read: TSR KEEPS DELETING THE WORDS)
    Attachment 725776

So Bianica... what happened to posting daily?

I'm so glad you asked! Lemme show you my list of reasons for why I didn't update yesterday.
    Name:  y.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  19.1 KBAttachment 725770725772

... Seems like you were pretty busy yesterday.... so uh... how's the essay going?

I got a screenshot!
    Attachment 725770725772725700WHY ARE THESE IMAGES SO LARGE. PLS. I JUST WANT TO MEME
    ...that's great. Great work Bianica!

When's this due again?

Well, I want to get the majority of it done by Sunday and then edit ready for Wednesday.

Ah. Well. I got this thing I forgot about... Good luck Bianica! *runs off*

*opens up Netflix* Just one more episode...
    ________________________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _______________

Actually, I didn't update yesterday cause I hadn't really written enough to warrant an update. But as of 11 pm I stand at 1400 (ish) words. So we're getting there...

Still not how much I wanted by now. But eh. Beggars can't be choosers.

Too much meme?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    So my supervisor refused to look over what I did print of my essay... but that was 2 weeks ago and as expected I havent written anything since.

I mean I crossed over the 2000 word line at some point but my presentation is this Wednesday and I wont be able to present without it being finished. God I'm super anxious for that.

I also have been super ill for the last few days, which really hasn't worked in my favour... Atleast I'm basically on top of all my homework I guess?

Hopefully tommorow I'll finish the last section and finish the outline for my conclusion so I can finalise my presentation. I'm lowkey considering asking to move my presentation to Friday, on account of being ill...

This thing is probably ridden with grammar issues. UGH. Will fix when I'm not on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Update time!

I did finish outlining the rest of my essay and presenting this week - it also got moved so that was great.

I really need to finish writing it tho >.<... procrastinated doing that today... but I've basically finished my whole log so that's cool.

I just gotta do the last one and upload some evidence and we'll be done.

Gotta actually finish it though... my supervisor said she was "looking forward to reading it". good lord send help. It's due in just over a week and I still gotta wrote and edit 2500 words. RIP ME.

Locked myself out of Netflix for the week... it helped but I also forgot the password so can't get in

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've written the conclusion but not the actual body????

I need to write 1840 more words until completion. I can get away with 1340 words though so that should be cool...

Uh I also uploaded most of the evidence today. There's one thing left... which requires Word 2010 at the very least... so can't do that until school.

ReputationRep:
    So disaster struck a week after that last post, i.e. the week of the deadline. My computer killed itself, to the point where it would need to be sent in to fix. It's all good now but yeah that really put a spanner in the cogs.. or whatever the phrase is.

I got the deadline extended and then missed that one too, but I gave it in so I guess better late than never?

End word count was like 4500 or something. But in total, I wrote 7000 words for the essay (I had 4 appendices >.>)...

I'm so glad it's done, I kinda felt lost the first day after I'd handed it in, but then I remembered A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Wowy what's this, me again? So soon?

But yuuup its Easter i.e. the 2 weeks where everybody panics about exams... I mean including me.

Not that this means I've done any work so far... procrastination is great.

I did plan out the rest of my holiday though - a timetable as well as specific topics I needed to cover ready for mocks round 2.

I'd add a picture but that requires innate knowledge of how to stop edge from hating tsr... yes I'm using edge... ugh.

ReputationRep:
    heyy how do you revise for each of your exams

ReputationRep:
    My laptop broke again lol. Fun times.

Revision? I haven't really done much, apart from chemistry and some maths papers. I would like to drop Bio pls.

@nisha.sri well I just do questions and then go over stuff I don't understand and then papers. I go over the mistakes of those as well and make notes but that's something I'll be doing much closer to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    9/4/18

I did basically the whole of physical chemistry today. Just have 3.1.12 to do, and the only reason I left it was cause it was 3 a.m. in the morning and its a pretty big topic.
    In total that's 15/33 topics done.

10/4/18

It's Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day thing, sooooooooooooooooo I'm gonna go get icecream but also hopefully do physics today.

ReputationRep:
    Well. I finally have a working computer
    Don't even get me started on all the issues with it.. also I've literally forgotten how to use it rip

Chemistry
    Topics to do: 3.2.4/5/6 and 3.3.14/15/16
    They're all ones I have tests on/ haven't actually finished in school so I wanna go through properly

Biology
    Topics to do: 2(reproduction), 5, 6(just the actual humoral/cell responses), 7 (pfft haven't even finished this in school yet and they still want to examine us?)

Maths
    Topics to do: C4- parametrics and vectors, M2- Statistics

Physics
    I literally haven't had the strength to do any of it... which is quite funny since I've done so much bio in comparison and bio is my least favourite subject.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.