Turn on thread page Beta

No laptop needed - will I still need to pay £200 (DSA)? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I qualify for DSA, having been diagnosed in the past with dyspraxia, however I haven't undergone an assessment through the uni yet.

I don't really need a laptop, I already have one and a desktop. But there's a few pieces of software that I think would be helpful, particularly some organisational stuff like Things 3. If I asked for these, but not the laptop, would I still need to pay the first £200 towards everything?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Hi guys, I qualify for DSA, having been diagnosed in the past with dyspraxia, however I haven't undergone an assessment through the uni yet.

I don't really need a laptop, I already have one and a desktop. But there's a few pieces of software that I think would be helpful, particularly some organisational stuff like Things 3. If I asked for these, but not the laptop, would I still need to pay the first £200 towards everything?
    Depending on the age of your current devices, they may suggest that you get the new laptop anyway, since it will run more effectively with the software (they did with me). And no, I don't believe you will be required to pay the £200 if it's not for a new device. Though I may be wrong.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by JoeTSR)

As long as your system will run the software then you wouldn't need to pay anything, they will have to do a remote check on your pc to ensure it's suitable before they install the software.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic to hear. Thank you very much everyone!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.