Turn on thread page Beta

unwanted feelings for a girl? watch

So I joined my college this year and in a few of my classes there is this girl (let’s call her Lucy) who I instantly found interesting and attractive. Unfortunately I managed to plant myself deep in the friend zone, so far in fact that she often considers me her best friend. This all happened through me basically trying to get over her (as I thought she was way out of my league) by trying to get with another girl (let’s call her Hannah ) who I also found quite attractive. Me and Hannah met a few times and got along but eventually it just fizzled out. And now I’ve found myself in a situation where I’m every so often meeting Hannah to hook up and stuff ( Lucy knows about me and Hannah) but I can’t get Lucy out of my head and I think about her every day. Me and Lucy actually go out and do fun stuff like watch movies and go to the town but we never do more than that.
    And what’s happened now is that I don’t actually want anything to happen between me and Lucy anymore but I still think about her every day and often feel quite upset about the whole situation. I’m not asking for advice on how to get lucy to like me I just want advice on what I should do to get rid of this sick feeling every time I think about her. I know an option would be to tell her but because of the way she is and I am this would definitely ruin the friendship we have.

Yo figure out what your heart wants first. "This sick feeling" is a mix of overwhelming emotions, to get rid of it is simple.

You stop thinking about her.

You don't want her? You move on. Not wanting to move on is causing you to be like this. Life is too short to worry about sh*t like this, watch some shows, cry it out and move on.

If you love Hannah don't stuck up on Lucy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So I joined my college this year and in a few of my classes there is this girl (let’s call her Lucy) who I instantly found interesting and attractive. Unfortunately I managed to plant myself deep in the friend zone, so far in fact that she often considers me her best friend. This all happened through me basically trying to get over her (as I thought she was way out of my league) by trying to get with another girl (let’s call her Hannah ) who I also found quite attractive. Me and Hannah met a few times and got along but eventually it just fizzled out. And now I’ve found myself in a situation where I’m every so often meeting Hannah to hook up and stuff ( Lucy knows about me and Hannah) but I can’t get Lucy out of my head and I think about her every day. Me and Lucy actually go out and do fun stuff like watch movies and go to the town but we never do more than that.
    And what’s happened now is that I don’t actually want anything to happen between me and Lucy anymore but I still think about her every day and often feel quite upset about the whole situation. I’m not asking for advice on how to get lucy to like me I just want advice on what I should do to get rid of this sick feeling every time I think about her. I know an option would be to tell her but because of the way she is and I am this would definitely ruin the friendship we have.
    Oh, I've had something similar before, kinda? I have a really good friend who I think about a lot, but I don't think of romantically. She's just always on my mind, you know? However, she's one of my best friends. I questioned about whether or not I liked her, and then she got a girlfriend. I didn't feel jealous or anything so I guess I didn't like her that way, but I still think about her a lot. I don't get a sick feeling, it just puts me in a good mood. : )
    I think, maybe you should just remind yourself you are friends, and it's ok to have a brotherly/sistery/best friend kind of love for someone.

I hope that maybe helped a little, and I wish you luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.