Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible for me to get an STI? watch

ReputationRep:
    I hooked up with a guy who has been with many prostitutes.

He touched me everywhere, including down there but didn't finger me. We didn't have sex. I touched him down there for a short while, but that not much.

Because he's been with loads of prostitutes, I'm paranoid I have an STI.

We did a lot of kissing and touching, and apart from him touching me down there. That's it. I'm hurting down there even though he didn't finger me, and I don't know if this is normal.

I'm a virgin btw. Can someone help me please?

ReputationRep:
    Specifically, herpes can be transmitted through skin-to-skin contact, but typically only where mucous membranes or cuts in the skin are present. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? no.

If you're worried, then it could simply be the stress causing an upset abdomen.

If you're truly worried, simply visit your GP for a test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalyps)
    Specifically, herpes can be transmitted through skin-to-skin contact, but typically only where mucous membranes or cuts in the skin are present. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? no.

If you're worried, then it could simply be the stress causing an upset abdomen.

If you're truly worried, simply visit your GP for a test.

I see what you mean, what about the pain down there? Is that related to anything?

ReputationRep:
    How long ago was the interaction vs when the pain started? Stress can cause immediate and lasting pains, whereas infection and viruses usually aren't immediate. Is it vaginal pain or abdomen pain? If vaginal, then best to consult your GP as you could simply have an easily treatable -- and common -- UTI. If abdominal, then it could simply be the stress you're placing on yourself.

Honestly though, if you're truly worried about your physical health, your GP will be a best bet. He/She will not judge you based on what occurred; instead, they are in the profession to help. Trust them.

Does that make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalyps)
    How long ago was the interaction vs when the pain started? Stress can cause immediate and lasting pains, whereas infection and viruses usually aren't immediate. Is it vaginal pain or abdomen pain? If vaginal, then best to consult your GP as you could simply have an easily treatable -- and common -- UTI. If abdominal, then it could simply be the stress you're placing on yourself.

Honestly though, if you're truly worried about your physical health, your GP will be a best bet. He/She will not judge you based on what occurred; instead, they are in the profession to help. Trust them.

Does that make sense?

I got with the guy a couple of days ago, and ever since I've had pain, but it went but now it's back?

I've had a UTI before so I don't feel it's that, it's pain on the outside of my vagina...

Thank you for the response. I am really worried and I don't know who to talk to about this. So thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by >Username<)
    He touched me everywhere, including down there but didn't finger me. We didn't have sex. I touched him down there for a short while, but that not much.

Because he's been with loads of prostitutes, I'm paranoid I have an STI.

We did a lot of kissing and touching, and apart from him touching me down there. That's it. I'm hurting down there even though he didn't finger me, and I don't know if this is normal.
    What were his fingernails like? Have you had a look to see if you've been scratched or whether there's any obvious sore bits?

It sounds like it's time to see your GP/practice nurse or a sexual health clinic. The combination of the levels of STIs for sex workers being lower than you would expect because of the very high levels of condom use and what you've done makes an STI unlikely, but something's clearly not right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    What were his fingernails like? Have you had a look to see if you've been scratched or whether there's any obvious sore bits?

It sounds like it's time to see your GP/practice nurse or a sexual health clinic. The combination of the levels of STIs for sex workers being lower than you would expect because of the very high levels of condom use and what you've done makes an STI unlikely, but something's clearly not right.
    His fingernails were short, and it doesn't look like there's any sore parts. However I do feel very sore down there. I'm honestly so worried.

Something isn't right I agree, I want to see someone but everyone is closed tomorrow... So I guess I'll have to go on Monday...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.