Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which is better?

I'm looking at firming either Bristol or KCL for the BSc Economics atm and I'm not sure which one to choose.

The KCL BSc Economics is new so there isn't much info about the course, but I'm quite sure that I want to go to a London uni.

Also, I'm considering a career in banking afterward, so which uni would be better suited to helping me achieve that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_winterb)
    Which is better?

I'm looking at firming either Bristol or KCL for the BSc Economics atm and I'm not sure which one to choose.

The KCL BSc Economics is new so there isn't much info about the course, but I'm quite sure that I want to go to a London uni.

Also, I'm considering a career in banking afterward, so which uni would be better suited to helping me achieve that?
    Both amazing unis. In terms of banking; both have pros. Bristol is a target university for Investment Banks and KCL is a semi-target. KCL is in London though which brings benefits in terms of the City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    KCL is in London though which brings benefits in terms of the City.
    What do you mean by benefits in terms of the city?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by benefits in terms of the city?
    live in London and thus network as one would be closer to banks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    live in London and thus network as one would be closer to banks
    Oh I see what you mean. So at stuff like careers events with the uni, more likely to be bankers there just bcus it's close.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see what you mean. So at stuff like careers events with the uni, more likely to be bankers there just bcus it's close.
    well sort of yeah but remember that Bristol is a target for IBs and thus will be looked upon very favorably when applying for spring weeks etc. you can't really go wrong with either choice though; good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you're sure about wanting to be in London for uni, since they're both great unis it makes sense to go for KCL. Bear in mind you don't really get the classic 'uni experience' in London. you might also find it a bit easier practically to go through the banking application process e.g. you wont be moving cities for a summer or have to travel for interviews

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.