Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have an annoying, big spot on my nose that won’t go away. Can anyone give any advice on how to get rid of a spot ?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have an annoying, big spot on my nose that won’t go away. Can anyone give any advice on how to get rid of a spot ?
    Spot cream

I tend to use dōterra essential oil blends or tropic stuff
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The thing that works best for me it to put toothpaste on the big 'uns, it dries them up which seems to help. And mostly you've got to wait to be able to pop it, so you might have to be patient Good luck! xx

Put some ice on it, but make sure you sterilize everything that touches your face to avoid contamination

ReputationRep:
    I mean I just go ahead and pop it as soon as it comes up. My face still looks relatively good lol

ReputationRep:
    milk, honey and tumeric face mask, and drink pleny of water X
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by jordon1703)
    I mean I just go ahead and pop it as soon as it comes up. My face still looks relatively good lol
    Disgusting stuff but for some when they pop the spot, it leaves a faint mark on their skin

ReputationRep:
    You have good answers already and nothing I can add is going to be constructive so...

Spoiler:
    Show

Use a knife!

ReputationRep:
    You can go to your GP and ask for Benzoyl Peroxide cream. It works a treat. Also, if it's multiple areas and spread out (like your back) then antibiotics works amazingly.

You also have to think about your hygiene. When a lump appears that you can't squeeze, do you attempt to squeeze it? I ask this because by doing so, you are making the spot worse and may cause scarring. Additionally, do you squeeze spots with dirty hands or with long dirty finger nails? If so then you will make it worse. Make sure you have washed your face and hand and trimmed your nails.

ReputationRep:
    activated charcoal

Guys I think the op is after ways to get rid of this spot quick, not long term methods

ReputationRep:
    teatree and witch hazel, boots do an amazing and cheap range. Used it since I was 12 and gets rid of spots soooo fast it’s amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Disgusting stuff but for some when they pop the spot, it leaves a faint mark on their skin
    I agree it can be quite disgusting, but it's the quickest way! Hassle free :P

ReputationRep:
    As 06moca1 said, get Benzoyl Peroxide over the counter at a local pharmacy, only costs a few quid.
    Works great but dries out the skin so maybe use it in the morning and use oil-free moisturiser at night.

And don't touch it at all, that just inflames the spot more.

ReputationRep:
    DON'T use toothpaste - learnt that the hard way.
    (damages and burns the skin)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.