How should I approach revision for the following:

English Language (AQA)
    English Literature (AQA)
    Triple Science (EDEXCEL)
    Religious Studies (AQA)
    French (AQA)
    History (EDEXCEL)
    Latin (OCR)

(I didn't bother including maths because it's my best subject, and my study/revision technique for the subject is fine atm)

ReputationRep:
    How do you revise for maths??? That's my worse subject atm ngl

For English language I've made notes on the mark scheme for each individual question in both papers so you know exactly what the examiner expects.

English literature- for every play/novel/poem etc that you are studying make little cards with quotations and stick them around your room or even posters for each chapter/act/scene etc

Science, I have rewrote my notes in new notebooks (one for each science (I'm also doing triple science edexcel)) based on the specification (find it on the edexcel website) once again this allows you to know the exact content that edexcel could test you on bc what I experienced is that my teachers often just taught from the textbooks where there were some unnecessary content just to help you to understand but you don't need to know for your exam and so it's rather more confusing than useful. After I had completed my notes for paper 1 and 2 for each science I started to practice questions, first with my notes and then I print the same questions out again and do them in test conditions and then I mark them and work on the questions I have got wrong.

French- I don't really know what to advise, I'm North African and we generally speak french as part of our language so it's not too bad for me but I guess just memorise vocabulary and grammar esp with 9-1 paper.

Religious studies I done my GCSE in yr 10 so I think the whole content and that has changed now that it's 9-1 but I basically just made mind maps with key points on huge paper and memorised religious quotations

I do geography not history so can't help w/ that and I do Arabic and french not Latin, sorry!

Hope the rest helps!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    For history Edexcel its all about knowing the content and knowing how to approach the questions. I would recommend getting some revision guides (amazon) and practicing those skills with past papers

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.