Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Kind of similar to how I felt in year 11 I guess. It was pretty crappy, but you'll soon be feeling better.
    Hope so x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by brad_j_1997)
    Yeah I’ve been to see a doctor twice and I’m currently having CBT therapy
    Is the therapy helping?

ReputationRep:
    I have so many friends at school yet I feel so lonely? I have so much anxiety all the time so even though I have the bestest friends if people are there who I don’t know then I feel like I can’t go... I just feel really alone and lonely? I’m in year 10 and just feel like I’m wishing my life away? Like it’s always who am I gonna sit with at dinner this day it’s just very draining... Advice needed X
    Honestly I feel the same as you and it is so draining. Just find something you enjoy doing that no one can take away from you. It really helps. I find that if I can talk about it, it makes it easier to cope. Hope you start to feel better about it soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    How did you deal with it?
    Well unlike the OP, I had very few friends, so I just had to find ways to distract myself. I worked hard and did well in my GCSEs, in spite of the very difficult situation I was in. But I moved to a much better sixth form (best choice I ever made) and it's a lot better. Not entirely relevant but I guess it could be worse for the OP if they had no friends at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Well unlike the OP, I had very few friends, so I just had to find ways to distract myself. I worked hard and did well in my GCSEs, in spite of the very difficult situation I was in. But I moved to a much better sixth form (best choice I ever made) and it's a lot better. Not entirely relevant but I guess it could be worse for the OP if they had no friends at all.
    I’m glad it’s better for you now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chara1ac)
    Honestly I feel the same as you and it is so draining. Just find something you enjoy doing that no one can take away from you. It really helps. I find that if I can talk about it, it makes it easier to cope. Hope you start to feel better about it soon.
    Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Is the therapy helping?
    Yes in some ways but I just always get really sad randomly it’s usually when I just sit in the house all day
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes in some ways but I just always get really sad randomly it’s usually when I just sit in the house all day
    Like the other users have said, find a hobby that can keep you occupied, something that you will enjoy, fill in the time that you have, so you arent always thinking and worrying about yourself

ReputationRep:
    I have so many friends at school yet I feel so lonely? I have so much anxiety all the time so even though I have the bestest friends if people are there who I don’t know then I feel like I can’t go... I just feel really alone and lonely? I’m in year 10 and just feel like I’m wishing my life away? Like it’s always who am I gonna sit with at dinner this day it’s just very draining... Advice needed X
    omg this is so me right now at school 😭😭 and it's like you're surrounded by people yet you just don't seem to fit in... i low-key thought i was the only one
    omh

ReputationRep:
    Like the other users have said, find a hobby that can keep you occupied, something that you will enjoy, fill in the time that you have, so you arent always thinking and worrying about yourself
    Yeah thank you this means a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunarrr88)
    omg this is so me right now at school 😭😭 and it's like you're surrounded by people yet you just don't seem to fit in... i low-key thought i was the only one
    omh
    Text me any time you need to talk x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah thank you this means a lot
    Np x
    And if you ever need advice or anything, just PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Np x
    And if you ever need advice or anything, just PM me.
    Yeah thank you, you too and I’m glad we are okay now x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah thank you, you too and I’m glad we are okay now x
    Of course, there was no bad blood in the first place xx

ReputationRep:
    Of course, there was no bad blood in the first place xx
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you x
    That’s ok. I’m glad I was able to help a bit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.