The Student Room Group

Living in fear for sons who are involved in postcode war

I need to get my teenage boys back to reality... They are rude they have no respect postcode war arguing via PlayStation snap chat instagram is becoming very very worrying....I've done all I can..I've write to my local MP....I've told social services I need help ...they have both run away and been involved in the country lines of drugs ...both been arrested and charged. My oldest then 17 ...nearly 19. And now my 15 yr old son. are putting there lives and others at risk...they think they know it all ...it's like they have been brain washed ...These poxy songs are mainly to blame..... No respect for me there own mother....swearing smoking I try and discipline them but it's crazy...they have gone to far...I'm leaving in fear of getting the awful knock on my door ...that one of them are dead. There really is no he lp...police are in over there heads with this...social services are too busy with cases just flooding in ....the police are now struggling with so many rules that it's impossible to catch these kids....they have to many rules against them ...they see no wrong in phone mugging...it's normal for kids to say don't get your phone out incase moped gang are around ?? What have we come to...how can we be so blasia about a disgusting crime ...how can we get used to such awful ways ...used to hearing kids being killed because if postcode ....I can't bare this ...it's not just bad parents ...parents on drugs or kids in care ...my boys are from a good home ....always had nice things clean home nice clothes always doing lots with them ...football clubs my daughter and both my son's went drama classes dancing football boxing swimming clubs ...decent holidays ....don't get me wrong ...we've struggled at times and who hasn't got into debt for there kids ...but never have I done wrong ...I've given up my life ... Just want them to have the best chance ...always at school events plays days out ...and worked in school so I could help my son who has crohns and colitis ...to be there for him when he had accidents ...so where the hell did I go wrong ...
Original post by Ajgay
I need to get my teenage boys back to reality... They are rude they have no respect postcode war arguing via PlayStation snap chat instagram is becoming very very worrying....I've done all I can..I've write to my local MP....I've told social services I need help ...they have both run away and been involved in the country lines of drugs ...both been arrested and charged. My oldest then 17 ...nearly 19. And now my 15 yr old son. are putting there lives and others at risk...they think they know it all ...it's like they have been brain washed ...These poxy songs are mainly to blame..... No respect for me there own mother....swearing smoking I try and discipline them but it's crazy...they have gone to far...I'm leaving in fear of getting the awful knock on my door ...that one of them are dead. There really is no he lp...police are in over there heads with this...social services are too busy with cases just flooding in ....the police are now struggling with so many rules that it's impossible to catch these kids....they have to many rules against them ...they see no wrong in phone mugging...it's normal for kids to say don't get your phone out incase moped gang are around ?? What have we come to...how can we be so blasia about a disgusting crime ...how can we get used to such awful ways ...used to hearing kids being killed because if postcode ....I can't bare this ...it's not just bad parents ...parents on drugs or kids in care ...my boys are from a good home ....always had nice things clean home nice clothes always doing lots with them ...football clubs my daughter and both my son's went drama classes dancing football boxing swimming clubs ...decent holidays ....don't get me wrong ...we've struggled at times and who hasn't got into debt for there kids ...but never have I done wrong ...I've given up my life ... Just want them to have the best chance ...always at school events plays days out ...and worked in school so I could help my son who has crohns and colitis ...to be there for him when he had accidents ...so where the hell did I go wrong ...

Hello there,

This sounds really very difficult and I cannot imagine how much you must be worried for your children being involved in all of this. I'm only 19 myself, so I can't pretend to have life experience relevant to this sort of thing that I can help you with. I'm quite the opposite of this and like staying close to home - I respect my mum a great deal and everything she has given up for me to grow up into who I am today. From what you say, you have done everything you can to ensure your children feel loved and supported. Something I can say having gone through rebellious stages is that children are often rude and arrogant in their naivety. We never really know it at the time and everything we're doing feels so important because of the societal pressure placed on us in various modalities. This could explain why they don't see sense.

It must be truly heartbreaking to be going through this and I really do wish I could say something that could help you, but I just wanted to come in and acknowledge what you have said and let you know that there are people on TSR that can help, but they may take time to respond. You may be better off looking at Mumsnet for some help, there are loads of helpful parents there that I'm sure would try to give whatever experienced advice they can.

All that's left to say is that I hope your children find their way, all you can do is be there for them and do what is in their best interest as their mother... they are the masters of their own fate in most cases, as frustrating as that is with them getting caught up in all of this. It isn't your fault, please don't blame yourself.

I'm going to move this to Friends and family in the hope you get some more helpful responses.

Really wishing you the best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending