Been given a notice to quite the property, what to do now? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I live in a council house and have been happily living here for 5 years, today I unexpectedly got a eviction order which almost gave me a heart attack, I pay all the rents regularly and have been biding for properties for these 5 years. Now I have been given an eviction order and have 28 days to sort myself out, I have nowhere to go as the biding of my properties has always been unsuccessful in these 5 years and now my mind is just blank on what to do next. Do they just expect me to move out and live on the streets? This is ridiculous
jdddd
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes. You can apply for emergency housing though.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by jdddd)
Yes. You can apply for emergency housing though.
It was not really a eviction letter but a notice to quit letter, should I still apply for emergency housing or get in contact with the council?
jdddd
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It was not really a eviction letter but a notice to quit letter, should I still apply for emergency housing or get in contact with the council?
Contact Council first and talk over it and what you're options are, they should recommend emergency housing.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (450)
91.65%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed