Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The last 6 months have been hell watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11, this year has just been ****. I mean, i knew year 11 is difficult but it's gone beyond that. My friendship group dont like me anymore, and if i leave it i'll have no friends so im ****ed. Gcse have been so diffcult and my grades are mediocre no matter how hard i try. My grandma recently died, so ive been having a **** time laterly. All that keeps me going is that next year i wont ever have to step foot in my school again and i can stop talking to my 'friendship' group for good since their all going different colleges.
    i just hope to god college is better. I just really want to have friend's that give a **** about me

ReputationRep:
    I went to Sixth form after I finished my GCSEs (although I left half way through year 13) and, in my experience, everyone was still exactly the same.. the guys had too much testosterone pumping through them and the girls gossiped for days! I'm very glad to be out of that and working now, life is much more rewarding.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by jordon1703)
    I went to Sixth form after I finished my GCSEs (although I left half way through year 13) and, in my experience, everyone was still exactly the same.. the guys had too much testosterone pumping through them and the girls gossiped for days! I'm very glad to be out of that and working now, life is much more rewarding.
    Apologies OP, this is gonna be so irrelevant to your thread but Jordan, the last 4 digits on ur username, do they symbolise something?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sophiexoxoxox)
    I'm in year 11, this year has just been ****. I mean, i knew year 11 is difficult but it's gone beyond that. My friendship group dont like me anymore, and if i leave it i'll have no friends so im ****ed. Gcse have been so diffcult and my grades are mediocre no matter how hard i try. My grandma recently died, so ive been having a **** time laterly. All that keeps me going is that next year i wont ever have to step foot in my school again and i can stop talking to my 'friendship' group for good since their all going different colleges.
    i just hope to god college is better. I just really want to have friend's that give a **** about me
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. Do the school know about this? They will be able to offer some support and you'll be able to vent your frustrations to them which should help you an awful lot.

Thankfully, I had a decent secondary school experience, but Sixth Form was A LOT better for me in terms of making proper friendships and contacts.

Things will get better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Apologies OP, this is gonna be so irrelevant to your thread but Jordan, the last 4 digits on ur username, do they symbolise something?
    They symbolise a date in the year. Why do you ask? haha
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    So sorry to hear that but year 11 will just get harder and I think you can get through it, death is something that can negatively affect your life but just try your hardest and that is what anyone can ask of you. College will be much easier, forget your old friends and make new ones who will accept you for who you are xx

ReputationRep:
    why do you need to have a friendship group? if I didn't like who I hang out with id be in the library/on my phone by my lonesome having a much better time
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    They symbolise a date in the year. Why do you ask? haha
    Lol thats my birth date, had to look at your username twice to realise

ReputationRep:
    Lol thats my birth date, had to look at your username twice to realise
    It's also my birthday
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    It's also my birthday
    Lol really? What year, if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    Lol really? What year, if you dont mind me asking
    No problem at all, almost 19 years ago now. I'm 19 in a month! (1999) Lots of 9s.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.