Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sixth Forms are the closest colleges to me,i was wondering weather i could enroll this Academic Year where i would be 17.I know their is a issue regarding age at sixth forms due to them being incoporated with Schools.When i do the Calculations,i'll turn 19 right at the end of A2 Exams if i do get enrolled,so to be honest i'll be 17 for AS Year and for the Majority of A2 i'll be 18.My Grades aren't the best also i would add

ReputationRep:
    Learn how to use capital letters first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    Sixth Forms are the closest colleges to me,i was wondering weather i could enroll this Academic Year where i would be 17.I know their is a issue regarding age at sixth forms due to them being incoporated with Schools.When i do the Calculations,i'll turn 19 right at the end of A2 Exams if i do get enrolled,so to be honest i'll be 17 for AS Year and for the Majority of A2 i'll be 18.My Grades aren't the best also i would add
    Ask them.
    Each school will develop its own policy and while many that are incorporated into a secondary school won't take mature/adult learners most would consider someone of your age. They may well have some of their own existing students who need to repeat year 12.
    If your grades arent good and it is a popular school with high academic standards your chances would be less.
    Only one way to find out. Contact the schools and ask to meet with someone about sixth form entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Ask them.
    Each school will develop its own policy and while many that are incorporated into a secondary school won't take mature/adult learners most would consider someone of your age. They may well have some of their own existing students who need to repeat year 12.
    If your grades arent good and it is a popular school with high academic standards your chances would be less.
    Only one way to find out. Contact the schools and ask to meet with someone about sixth form entry.
    If they say NO,which i expect them to say,i dont know what to do with my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    Some 6th forms allow 18 year olds in year 12 and 19 year olds in year 13 (retook year 12 or year 13)

ReputationRep:
    Am i missing something? Like, everyone is 17 when they start sixth form...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthRoar)
    Everyone is 16 on entering sixth form, and they turn 17 that year. OP is already 17, so they've been set back a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthRoar)
    Isn’t first year of sixth form 16 turning 17, then second year 17 turning 18?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    If they say NO,which i expect them to say,i dont know what to do with my life
    If they do say no then you need to widen your search to other further education colleges that will accept you.
    You need to get out there and search for the best possible opportunity.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.