The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Learn how to use capital letters first.
Original post by Ty457
Sixth Forms are the closest colleges to me,i was wondering weather i could enroll this Academic Year where i would be 17.I know their is a issue regarding age at sixth forms due to them being incoporated with Schools.When i do the Calculations,i'll turn 19 right at the end of A2 Exams if i do get enrolled,so to be honest i'll be 17 for AS Year and for the Majority of A2 i'll be 18.My Grades aren't the best also i would add

Ask them.
Each school will develop its own policy and while many that are incorporated into a secondary school won't take mature/adult learners most would consider someone of your age. They may well have some of their own existing students who need to repeat year 12.
If your grades arent good and it is a popular school with high academic standards your chances would be less.
Only one way to find out. Contact the schools and ask to meet with someone about sixth form entry.
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
Ask them.
Each school will develop its own policy and while many that are incorporated into a secondary school won't take mature/adult learners most would consider someone of your age. They may well have some of their own existing students who need to repeat year 12.
If your grades arent good and it is a popular school with high academic standards your chances would be less.
Only one way to find out. Contact the schools and ask to meet with someone about sixth form entry.

If they say NO,which i expect them to say,i dont know what to do with my life
Original post by Ty457
Sixth Forms are the closest colleges to me,i was wondering weather i could enroll this Academic Year where i would be 17.I know their is a issue regarding age at sixth forms due to them being incoporated with Schools.When i do the Calculations,i'll turn 19 right at the end of A2 Exams if i do get enrolled,so to be honest i'll be 17 for AS Year and for the Majority of A2 i'll be 18.My Grades aren't the best also i would add

Some 6th forms allow 18 year olds in year 12 and 19 year olds in year 13 (retook year 12 or year 13)
Am i missing something? Like, everyone is 17 when they start sixth form...
Original post by DarthRoar

Everyone is 16 on entering sixth form, and they turn 17 that year. OP is already 17, so they've been set back a year.
Reply 7
Original post by DarthRoar

Isn’t first year of sixth form 16 turning 17, then second year 17 turning 18?
Original post by Ty457
If they say NO,which i expect them to say,i dont know what to do with my life

If they do say no then you need to widen your search to other further education colleges that will accept you.
You need to get out there and search for the best possible opportunity.
Reply 9
Original post by 1pikapikachu
So, Have you been enrolled/accepted into the sixth form?
I would like to know because I'm in the same situation :/

Old thread.
Original post by gtty123
Old thread.

doesn't mean I can't ask him and he won't reply...
doesn't mean I can't ask him and he won't reply...

Last activity - two weeks ago. You're better off creating a new thread about it - you'll likely get a quicker response.
Original post by gtty123
Last activity - two weeks ago. You're better off creating a new thread about it - you'll likely get a quicker responsJe

Jeez, why your so salty about it? Just leave it off mate.
Jeez, why your so salty about it? Just leave it off mate.

I'm not "salty" lol. Your response is indicative of what "salty" is.
Anyway, I am "salty" now (due to your grammar). It's deeply, terribly and painfully bringing me to tears. How could you?!
Original post by gtty123
I'm not "salty" lol. Your response is indicative of what "salty" is.
Anyway, I am "salty" now (due to your grammar). It's deeply, terribly and painfully bringing me to tears. How could you?!

You are truly the one still expanding this conversation. As a result, more tears shall continue dripping off your face. :wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
You are truly the one still expanding this conversation, As a result, more tears are dripping off your face.

You still haven't learnt? Oh, the agony. My tears are insurmountable.
Original post by gtty123
You still haven't learnt? Oh, the agony. My tears are insurmountable.

Shame. Isn't it?
Shame. Isn't it?

Oh, my. You've learnt. The tears have stopped.
Original post by gtty123

Nice.
Original post by gtty123

Besides, you should be very proud of your self, taking the mick out of someone that English isn't their first language.
Adding on, talking and pointing out grammar mistakes on the internet, is wrong and childish. Especially in a place that I'm attempting to get information, and not a place where the only nobelists of English Literature and Language write.

Latest