Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I had sex on 5th Jan 4 days before ovulation (my periods are like clockwork). The condom broke he didn’t ejaculate but he said I should take the MAP to be extra safe. I took the MAP well within 24 hours. The pharmacist said I took it at a time where it should be 95% effective. I haven’t had sex since. My period came 3 days early, it lasted for 4 days and was normal so I was relieved. According to my period tracker my 2nd period after taking the MAP was due yesterday 14th Feb. I always get PMS 3-7 days before my period starts. I’m feeling bloated, fatigued, and a bit nauseous from time to time which is normal for me. I have all the feelings I usually have just as my period is about to start but nothing. I told my boyfriend especially as he’s an army medic and all he did was panic. Is this just the MAP messing up my cycle? Is this normal?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    It's extremely likely you're not pregnant. He didn't come inside you, your ovulation would have been delayed still further by taking the MAP, and you had a significant bleed. If either of you are still worried about that, you're easily past the point where a pregnancy test would be reliable. (Insert usual comment that Poundland etc tests are much cheaper than the big names but as reliable.)

So yes, it's likely that it's the MAP - taking a big dose of progesterone / a progesterone-blocker can do this - or the stress or both.

(How happy are you with the 'he said I should take the MAP' bits?)
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.