Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I received my offer from SHU a couple of days ago, still waiting on my Student ID being registered into their system so that I can apply for accommodation, however, I am a complete stress head and I'm genuinely concerned about accommodation availability.

The applications for accommodation opened in December, meaning that potentially thousands of people who received offers before me have already applied to the accommodation that I am pretty specific about. I'm extremely concerned that I won't get any of my three choices of accommodation and will be plopped into some random accommodation that I will not be able to settle in, and won't hear this until later in the year when my grades get sent to UCAS.

Can someone help put my mind at ease? Am I too late to have a guaranteed accommodation for one of my three choices? When do the majority of people apply for accommodation, especially at Hallam?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Zemus)
    I received my offer from SHU a couple of days ago, still waiting on my Student ID being registered into their system so that I can apply for accommodation, however, I am a complete stress head and I'm genuinely concerned about accommodation availability.

The applications for accommodation opened in December, meaning that potentially thousands of people who received offers before me have already applied to the accommodation that I am pretty specific about. I'm extremely concerned that I won't get any of my three choices of accommodation and will be plopped into some random accommodation that I will not be able to settle in, and won't hear this until later in the year when my grades get sent to UCAS.

Can someone help put my mind at ease? Am I too late to have a guaranteed accommodation for one of my three choices? When do the majority of people apply for accommodation, especially at Hallam?
    Most people haven't even got all their offers yet and you can't put down firm and insurance without all your offers. They usually only send applications to people who have firmed and even then will probably only start processing it all after results day unless you have an unconditional and have accepted so don't worry.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Zemus)

No not at all, admissions are still going through people's applications so as long as you have accepted your offer and confirmed your firm choice with us. You will hear a response from April onwards.

Reanne

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your responses to my question, I am just a little on edge as I'm sure countless others are.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Zemus)

Hey!

I came to Hallam through clearing, meaning I was only accepted in August of the year I was attending. Although by then all the most popular places were full (the Forge and Trigon), I still got my second choice of accommodation which I was surprised by.

Most of the accommodation is at a similar standard, as they are managed by Unite Students. Although they're in different places in the city and are different sizes, none are particularly far away from the university and you will definitely be happy there. We have plenty of accommodation!

Bear in mind that those with offers might not get in, and those who do might drop out, change their minds, or want to swap accommodation in the first few weeks (which is another possibility if you don't end up where you want to go).

I'm sure you'll be happy here no matter where you end up living. If not, there are always more options for you such as privately renting or trying to swap flats or accommodations once you're in.

Ellie

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your response, I have since applied to the Truro Court (Primary) Forge and the Anvil, heres to hoping I get my first choice 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Zemus)
    Thank you very much for your response, I have since applied to the Truro Court (Primary) Forge and the Anvil, heres to hoping I get my first choice 😊
    Let me know any problems you have!

Reanne

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.