Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi to whoever's reading this,
    I am currently in year 11 doing the New gcse for all of my subjects, I am doing:
    Triple science, higher maths, English, Re, history, geography, French and Product design.
    I am in set 1 and I get good grades especially in geography.
    Anyho, I am considering doing the following a levels: Geography, Sociology, Psychology and Biology.
    But, in my 6th form we are not allowed to do 4 a levels even if we get a high average.
    So I am not sure as to what 3 of those 4 I should do because if I were to not do biology then I don't know what degree or good job I could go onto doing with the other 3 a levels.
    However, If I chose biology I don't know what 2 of the other 3 a levels I'd do but with a biology a level I could do either veternaity nursing or a children's nurse options which seems a safer option considering they only require BBC with a B for biology.
    For me to do biology a level I need a 7 at gcse, which I would have to work really hard for.
    also, I am not sure if I'll be able to manage biology a level since I've heard that it is very difficult and heavy content based.
    What are your opinions? Should I do biology? if so with what other 2 a levels? how difficult can it be to get a B for biology a level?
    p.s for my AS I have to pick between EPQ or core maths so I'm thinking of core maths?
    MANY THANKS LOVE U GUYS ALL COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATED ♡
    Much love, a stressed gcse student,
    p.p.s any tips for my final week's before my gcse exams? they can include how to learn and memrise everything in such a short amount of time or how to deal with everything especially that we haven't covered half of the biology content yet due to the change in gcses!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominika73)
    Hi to whoever's reading this,
    I am currently in year 11 doing the New gcse for all of my subjects, I am doing:
    Triple science, higher maths, English, Re, history, geography, French and Product design.
    I am in set 1 and I get good grades especially in geography.
    Anyho, I am considering doing the following a levels: Geography, Sociology, Psychology and Biology.
    But, in my 6th form we are not allowed to do 4 a levels even if we get a high average.
    So I am not sure as to what 3 of those 4 I should do because if I were to not do biology then I don't know what degree or good job I could go onto doing with the other 3 a levels.
    However, If I chose biology I don't know what 2 of the other 3 a levels I'd do but with a biology a level I could do either veternaity nursing or a children's nurse options which seems a safer option considering they only require BBC with a B for biology.
    For me to do biology a level I need a 7 at gcse, which I would have to work really hard for.
    also, I am not sure if I'll be able to manage biology a level since I've heard that it is very difficult and heavy content based.
    What are your opinions? Should I do biology? if so with what other 2 a levels? how difficult can it be to get a B for biology a level?
    p.s for my AS I have to pick between EPQ or core maths so I'm thinking of core maths?
    MANY THANKS LOVE U GUYS ALL COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATED ♡
    Much love, a stressed gcse student,
    p.p.s any tips for my final week's before my gcse exams? they can include how to learn and memrise everything in such a short amount of time or how to deal with everything especially that we haven't covered half of the biology content yet due to the change in gcses!

If it was me, I'd drop either Sociology or Psychology, as they're similarish?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to drop sociology
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.