Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date someone you thought was way out of your league? watch

Would you have a relationship with a person you thought was much better-looking than you (if you thought they were really nice) and maybe generally had more going for them? Or would you prefer someone more on your level?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As long as they dont act like they are better than me, then its calm

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on our compatibility. if they're really nice then of course because after all it's not about looks and if we get along well I don't see why i wouldn't ✨
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I don’t think anyone is way out of my league

I think this mostly works for really good looking girls and not so good looking guys cos generally if a girl is good looking, she doesn't try to find that in her partner and most (not all) nice girls are all about personality. If you have certain characteristics she likes, she will pick you over the better looking guy any day.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be hard because I feel like I'd need constant reassurance they liked me back, but I definitely would! One thing I'd want from a relationship is to constantly feel pushed to be a better person and if shes out of my league not just looks wise but in other ways e.g had more going for them, their career, socially, financially, etc. then it'd push me really hard to get on the same level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I don’t think anyone is way out of my league

In order for me to class a girl "out of my league" she must be a minimum of 2 points above me

this might seem arrogant, but it is extremely extremely rare for me to see a female 2+ above me [imo]

yes I see women who are better looking than me pretty much every day, but almost never see women I would consider 2+ above me.......
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ANM775)
    In order for me to class a girl "out of my league" she must be a minimum of 2 points above me

this might seem arrogant, but it is extremely extremely rare for me to see a female 2+ above me [imo]

yes I see women who are better looking than me pretty much every day, but almost never see women I would consider 2+ above me.......
    I don’t think that’s arrogant at all man. It is what it is lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you have a relationship with a person you thought was much better-looking than you (if you thought they were really nice) and maybe generally had more going for them? Or would you prefer someone more on your level?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    no because chances are they will make you look like a fool , don't risk it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    no because chances are they will make you look like a fool , don't risk it
    True but whats life if you dont take risks?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't believe in leagues.. so yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    True but whats life if you dont take risks?
    i don't take risks when it comes to relationships anymore , not worth going through it all again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i don't take risks when it comes to relationships anymore , not worth going through it all again
    Sometimes pain is what shapes someone to be the person they are today

ReputationRep:
    Nah I would constantly feel insecure, always question why they would be with me when they can do so much better.

I prefer to be the more attractive one in the relationship, the settler rather than the reacher. I’m too insecure to have it the other way around!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ^ Take heed. This man here, is wiser than many men that roam this Planet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Sometimes pain is what shapes someone to be the person they are today
    been there done that , i guess until next time it happens

ReputationRep:
    I've never really bought into the league stuff to begin with. If it's true then I consistently bat way above my average, but I can't see any reason why that would be the case. Hence, I think this 'league' stuff is only bought into by total meffs.

But hey, whatever makes your day go faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Nah I would constantly feel insecure, always question why they would be with me when they can do so much better.

I prefer to be the more attractive one in the relationship, the settler rather than the reacher. I’m too insecure to have it the other way around!
    Ugh. My ex-girlfriend once told me that she wouldn't want to date someone really attractive because she'd be worried about all the attention from other girls...

It took me a few moments to think about it, then I realised she'd basically just called me ugly :/

ReputationRep:
    Personally No.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.