Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How strict are the offers at Bristol university?

I have had an offer for AAA and I really like the uni, but I've also got another offer similar and I can't put both down. Is Bristol really strict on getting the right grades?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by m.pako)

I have had an offer for AAA and I really like the uni, but I've also got another offer similar and I can't put both down. Is Bristol really strict on getting the right grades?
    Depends how many make the offer that year as to how many places they have left for near misses. Bristol is a competitive uni so will have fewer near misses places available. You might get in with one grade below but it depends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.pako)

They had said last year they couldn't let anyone in who missed their grades after offering too many places (which resulted in 50 more people than they had planned!!).

Obviously things may change, no one knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i've asked today at the visit day, they said they are lenient with one grade below but anymore and it's tougher. obviously if they're filled before they consider missed grades, then even by one grade would mean a no.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.