Turn on thread page Beta

‘Demonic’ child screams non-stop for EIGHT HOURS on international flight watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/558343...-hours-flight/

Kinda think parents should be prosecuted for this sort of thing or forced to go on mandatory parenting courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)

Kinda think parents should be prosecuted for this sort of thing or forced to go on mandatory parenting courses.
    Are you suggesting the parents made the child fit for 8 hours deliberately?

ReputationRep:
    the child's mum can be heard desperately asking the flight attendant to "get the WiFi going so we can get the iPad going".
    Quality parenting.

ReputationRep:
    Give that child a medal.

ReputationRep:
    This **** drives me crazy, but sometimes there’s nothing the parents can do, so it would be silly prosecuting them.

Maybe in situations where the parents are doing f all and hoping the baby will stop, even though minutes have passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    This **** drives me crazy, but sometimes there’s nothing the parents can do
    Except go back in time and raise their kid properly.

ReputationRep:
    This **** drives me crazy, but sometimes there’s nothing the parents can do, so it would be silly prosecuting them.

Maybe in situations where the parents are doing f all and hoping the baby will stop, even though minutes have passed.
    Prosecuting them for what exactly?

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't go that far, but it does raise questions about how fit they are to parent the child. I've seen this when on the bus a lot. Screaming child, and the mother just barks at it to shut up, or ignores it. Non-stop screaming for 30 mins. Pure joy after 10 hours of heavy concentration in front of a computer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more impressed a child can scream non-stop for 8 hours. Imagine the pain in your throat after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    Except go back in time and raise their kid properly.
    It’s not always that though. A baby’s ear/s can pop on the plane which can cause them so much pain. Good parenting won’t change that.

(Original post by jdddd)
    Prosecuting them for what exactly?
    Breach of the peace maybe? A new offence? Who knows

ReputationRep:
    It’s not always that though. A baby’s ear/s can pop on the plane which can cause them so much pain. Good parenting won’t change that.

Breach of the peace maybe? A new offence? Who knows
    Are you serious? A new offence? Never knew the Courts can just make up new Laws as they go along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    Are you serious? A new offence? Never knew the Courts can just make up new Laws as they go along.
    Um..... Parliament makes law. And I never said it should happen, but I’m sure there are people who would advocate for some variation of a breach of the peace offence, particularly in cases of transport.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell those screams man, he needs jesus fr :2euk48l:
    On a serious note hes going to be one spoiled kid when he grows up.

ReputationRep:
    Um..... Parliament makes law. And I never said it should happen, but I’m sure there are people who would advocate for some variation of a breach of the peace offence, particularly in cases of transport.
    Parliament doesn't make a Law. Parliament creates Law for it to be made Law and signed of by the Queen. I must be missing something, being prosecuted for your child being loud and crying? If you hug them and do everything you can to stop them and they don't stop, whats re you supposed to do? Shove your hand down their throat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    Parliament doesn't make a Law. Parliament creates Law for it to be made Law and signed of by the Queen. I must be missing something, being prosecuted for your child being loud and crying? If you hug them and do everything you can to stop them and they don't stop, whats re you supposed to do? Shove your hand down their throat?
    You just said parliament doesn't make law but creates law :lol: With all due respect, I know how laws are made, and just fyi, they're made by the legislative branch (i.e. PARLIAMENT) and are enforced when given royal assent. I think we should put this to bed now :rolleyes:

If you read what I've said above, I said maybe in situations where the parents have done nothing.

ReputationRep:
    You just said parliament doesn't make law but creates law :lol: With all due respect, I know how laws are made, and just fyi, they're made by the legislative branch (i.e. PARLIAMENT) and are enforced when given royal assent. I think we should put this to bed now :rolleyes:

If you read what I've said above, I said maybe in situations where the parents have done nothing.
    Yes? It creates the Law ie the content etc and then the Queen makes it into Law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Are you suggesting the parents made the child fit for 8 hours deliberately?
    No, but I am suggesting they made an omission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    Quality parenting.
    Agreed. Any parent worth their salt doesn't rely on WIFI to calm a child. That is why my iPad has about 6 zillion kids games and endless reruns of Paw Patrol!

ReputationRep:

I have an autistic younger brother who behaved similar to the boy described in the article, although he didn't scream the whole flight. Not saying the boy has autism, however I believe the child was in genuine distress. If he was being a brat he would've gotten bored of it after a while, 8 hours of screaming sounds more serious. Flying can be distressing for young children. Can you really expect a three year old to be seated for 8 hours? And plus, when you fly economy class, you know what you're in for. No airline has ever guaranteed that an economy class flight would be without any disturbances from children, so really, the passengers have no right to be so worked up over it. You get what you pay for - don't like screeching kids just ****ing buy a business class ticket. However, I do believe the parents should have been more prepared for the flight.
    Before our flight, my mother requested a child dosage of allergy medication for my brother from the GP so that he'd be asleep for most of the flight. You don't necessarily have to medicate your child but at least make some provisions. What really pissed me off is that another passenger thought they had the right to film a terribly distressed three year old who they didn't even know and then have the nerve to whine. Who ****ing films some strangers child just because theyre frustrated. Inappropriate and ****ing weird.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    His mum was way way too soft on him.

He needs discipline

If that was my mum she would have slapped the devil out of him!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.