Turn on thread page Beta

‘Demonic’ child screams non-stop for EIGHT HOURS on international flight watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Napp)
    IThat sounds like hollow recompense to the long suffering passengers. Disabled or not after spending hundreds of pounds for an already unpleasant experience why would anyone want to have to put up with this demonic beastie?
    You want to go back to the 60s, don't you, where those of us with learning disabilities were just chucked in asylums...

ReputationRep:
    Another reason I'm childfree and will NEVER have kids.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You want to go back to the 60s, don't you, where those of us with learning disabilities were just chucked in asylums...
    Sure, why not, could be fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Are you suggesting the parents made the child fit for 8 hours deliberately?
    Prosecution is definitely a step too far, but it seems pretty clear that the parent had no real intent of trying to stop it beyond the half-assed odd little comment as a 'look I'm trying to do something about this (but not really)'. Being a parent doesn't give you to the right to p*ss everyone else off, particularly when you're talking about 8 hours of screaming, no one should have to endure that, and no f*cker wants to... Not to mention that sh*t like this is exactly what causes confrontations, I'm surprised the story isn't about some strongly worded and/or violent confrontation with the parent(s). Children are like pets... If you can't handle one, don't f*cking have one.

The parent(s) should definitely be looked into as to whether they are actually fit to be parents, and the standards on what a fit parent is should be raised beyond doing the bare minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting how The Sun runs a paper about a flight from Germany. I wonder if it would have covered the story if it had been a child from Essex, for example.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    Prosecution is definitely a step too far, but it seems pretty clear that the parent had no real intent of trying to stop it beyond the half-assed odd little comment as a 'look I'm trying to do something about this (but not really)'. Being a parent doesn't give you to the right to p*ss everyone else off, particularly when you're talking about 8 hours of screaming, no one should have to endure that, and no f*cker wants to... Not to mention that sh*t like this is exactly what causes confrontations, I'm surprised the story isn't about some strongly worded and/or violent confrontation with the parent(s). Children are like pets... If you can't handle one, don't f*cking have one.

The parent(s) should definitely be looked into as to whether they are actually fit to be parents, and the standards on what a fit parent is should be raised beyond doing the bare minimum.
    What exactly do you expect the parents to do? They can't just remove the child from the flight.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do you expect the parents to do? They can't just remove the child from the flight.
    They can’t teach their child not to be an inconsiderate little brat. Most parents are successful at doing this hence why incidents like this are rare.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Sounds like a horrific flight for all involved :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    Prosecution is definitely a step too far, but it seems pretty clear that the parent had no real intent of trying to stop it beyond the half-assed odd little comment as a 'look I'm trying to do something about this (but not really)'.
    I take it you have never had the experience of trying to console and inconsolably child? The thing people who don't have children don't seem to understand is that children are not like robots that you can switch on and off with the flick of a button. They are mini-adults with their own free will, personality, and desire to scream for 8 hours solid if that is their thing. If a kid decides to scream for 8 hours, that is what they are going to do, just like adults who decide to drink for 8 hours then board a plane and try to have a fight with everyone.

ReputationRep:
    How about be a good parent and actually try and make an effort to control their kid? I'd be a bit more sympathetic if she was actually trying to control her kid... The video made it pretty clear she's an all words no action, mombie who relies on electronics to keep her kid occupied.

I take it you have never had the experience of trying to console and inconsolably child? The thing people who don't have children don't seem to understand is that children are not like robots that you can switch on and off with the flick of a button. They are mini-adults with their own free will, personality, and desire to scream for 8 hours solid if that is their thing. If a kid decides to scream for 8 hours, that is what they are going to do, just like adults who decide to drink for 8 hours then board a plane and try to have a fight with everyone.
    The kid was screaming, running around the plane and god knows what else, the mother clearly didn't care about what her son was doing, watch the video, since you clearly haven't yet. You don't need to be a mechanic to know when your car is f*cked, you don't need to be chef to call out bad food, and you certainly don't need to be a parent to call out parenting as bad as this. If you can't handle kids, don't have them/don't take them to places where they NEED to be controlled. A small child running around on a plane is a recipe for injury. She didn't give a sh*t about what her son was doing, but I guarantee she would've been all up in arms against the airline had her son hurt himself because she couldn't even be bothered to make an attempt at controlling her demonspawn.

How many kids fly?
    Now how many of those kids cause issues like this?

The parent(s) are clearly the one's to blame here, plain and simple, no amount of "You don't have kids, so you can't possibly have an opinion" rhetoric is going to change that.

ReputationRep:
    Some lungs.

The parents could EASILY have taken the kid to the toilet so he has away from others. Or at least stop looking at the fricking IPad. Honestly, parents these days. Learn to respect those around you!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, the parents were primarily at fault here.

The kid is out of control and frustrated... and they've no clue how to manage it. Bear in mind the screeching starts before the plane even takes off.

Funny that they didn't suggest this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jestersnow)
    I'm pretty sure the people making such comments were all incredibly well behaved as babies and toddlers, and never once made a scene, or cried in a public place. That's why they can speak with such authority on the matter.
    Exactly
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the people making such comments were all incredibly well behaved as babies and toddlers, and never once made a scene, or cried in a public place. That's why they can speak with such authority on the matter.
    There’s a difference between crying in a cafe/Park for 5 mins and screaming your head off for 8 hours on a plane with the parents making no effort to calm you down.

ReputationRep:
    If a drunk man got on a plane and tried to fight everyone, he would soon be removed by a large number of Police officers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    If a drunk man got on a plane and tried to fight everyone, he would soon be removed by a large number of Police officers.
    Particularly if the plane had yet to take off. Not only this, said airline might even ban them from getting on it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Particularly if the plane had yet to take off. Not only this, said airline might even ban them from getting on it again.
    To be honest I doubt a man who has been drinking for 8 hours would even be able to get near the plane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    There’s a difference between crying in a cafe/Park for 5 mins and screaming your head off for 8 hours on a plane with the parents making no effort to calm you down.
    Seriously seriously doubt it was 8 hours. If nothing else, a child of that age, their vocal chords would give out after a few hours at most. This is the Sun we're talking about here.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't know, people are hurled off planes all the time. the fact this is a toddler we're dealing with would make it even easier - as opposed to punching all they can really do is nip at peoples ankles.
    Seriously seriously doubt it was 8 hours. If nothing else, a child of that age, their vocal chords would give out after a few hours at most. This is the Sun we're talking about here.
    Hyperbole or not the point does stand though...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Calling the child "demonic" seems far-fetched too me. At least he isn't going around with a suicide belt and blowing himself up like some children these days.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.