Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My cat is only a year old and we have a doggy door and we have to tape it because he knows how to lift up the cover so we forgot to tape it last night and usually he just stays in the back yard but this time he got out he is a year old and one month so I need to know how long it will take

ReputationRep:
    I want a cat :c
    I'm not much use. I just want a cat. I hope your cat comes back!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He should be back, I have had my cat for 3 years now and whenever she runs away, she ends up coming back when shes hungry lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ChloeIsCrazy)
    My cat is only a year old and we have a doggy door and we have to tape it because he knows how to lift up the cover so we forgot to tape it last night and usually he just stays in the back yard but this time he got out he is a year old and one month so I need to know how long it will take
    Usually not too long because they are good at finding their way home and will want food if nothing else. Make sure they can get back in through something like the dog flap or an open window and call them for food. If they don't come running in with that just leave some out for them, make sure they can get in, call occasionally and hopefully they'll be back by tonight.

Sometimes cats can get locked in things like sheds though cos they go in there to stay warm and somebody shuts it without knowing there's a cat in there. You might like to have a wander around your neighborhood with a pouch of food calling them so if they are stuck anywhere or out of ear shot from home you have a better chance of coming across them. You could also ask neighbors to keep an eye out for them.

You could also call local vets just to make sure they haven't been brought in there by a good Samaritan.

Hope he gets home soon
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.