Turn on thread page Beta

I did not date in secondary school because my parents would not let me. I have done my undergrad and am now doing my postgrad. I have not dated at all. Last year, I had my first 'relationship' that lasted a week . It collapsed almost immediately because both of us spent too much time on academic work/ job applications, and had almost no time for each other.

I feel like I shouldn't be in the position where I have not had my first relationship in my twenties... seems slightly pathetic.

I feel like I am becoming some sort of workaholic that has no life outside work and that I will die alone. I don't want to end up like this. Help?

ReputationRep:
    You are not alone, I am 25 and have only had one relationship which I rushed into and didn't go anywhere. I have never been in love or even really attracted to anybody. Don't worry too much about the future, I firmly believe that it will happen when it's meant to. As for the workaholic issue, do you enjoy your work? Do you feel happy and fulfilled in your life? If yes, great! If not, try slowly cutting back on extra work and try a hobby. Not only will this allow you to focus on something different for even an hour a week, it's a great way to meet new people. If you're still at uni, nows definitely the time to do it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Simple
    Work less

I feel like I cannot work less though: I feel like I am putting my future on the line if I do not get a decent graduate job. As for hobbies - I do have them, have sort of let them fall to the wayside. Maybe it is time to pick them back up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.