Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about what to do for Uni currently. I really love politics and want to study it further, but after doing work experience at a law firm, I really want to pursue a career in law. I also have a large love for Law. So I was thinking of doing a Politics degree then move on to do a Law GDL. Is Politics a good degree? And will help me get into good Law schools to do a GDL. I'm currently thinking on applying to Birmingham, QMUL and Southampton currently and doing A Levels in Politics, History and English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh you could probably become a politician off of a law degree or do a conversion course
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LG as you were x)
    Tbh you could probably become a politician off of a law degree or do a conversion course
    I'm not particularly interested in becoming a politician I just find the subject fascinating. I was thinking of LLB but I'm more interested in doing a conversion course.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Alexty28)
    Thinking about what to do for Uni currently. I really love politics and want to study it further, but after doing work experience at a law firm, I really want to pursue a career in law. I also have a large love for Law. So I was thinking of doing a Politics degree then move on to do a Law GDL. Is Politics a good degree? And will help me get into good Law schools to do a GDL. I'm currently thinking on applying to Birmingham, QMUL and Southampton currently and doing A Levels in Politics, History and English Lit.
    Its ok. I wouldnt worry except for how you will pay for your GDL. Its essentially the same course everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t do a politics degree if you don’t want to do something in politics
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    May I ask why you don’t you want to go straight into the LLB? I’m in the last year of mine and have loved every second of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    May I ask why you don’t you want to go straight into the LLB? I’m in the last year of mine and have loved every second of it.
    Multiple reasons really.

1) Despite atm my A Level predicted grades are A,A,A. My GCSEs aren't the best so I'm not really sure if I have a good shot at Law at a good uni.

2) My aunt works in law and recommended me to do the GDL as she said some firms like people who do GDLs because it shows that they try hard to strive for more.

3) I really enjoy studying politics but I'm not really interested in career in Politics. I really enjoy the work experience I did at the law firm, so I thought doing the conversion course would be best for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.