Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’m a (future) international student and don’t plan on getting a horse until around my second year of the Equine Science (BSc, starting in 2020) program I’m interested in, but I was wondering if anyone’s got experience with taking their horse to college/uni and doing student livery? If so did you do DIY or full-care, and did you like it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I knew someone who took their horse to college with them whilst they completed a level 3 Equine Management (or something) course. From what I can gather it works as it allows you to keep an eye on them whilst studying and they're not too far away. But I know that the girl would take her horse back to her local livery stables at the weekend so that she could get taught by someone else. So I'm guessing that she wasn't able to get riding lessons at college or if she did, they weren't to her level. It could be a variety of other reasons though. But since you're going to be on a degree course you may have more options to available to you. I suggest you use your first year to really get a feel of the place where your horse will be living and decide for yourself if it will suit the type of horse you're going to be buying. Maybe ask other students at the specific place you're studying who do livery how they find it. Everywhere will vary so we can only offer a general idea.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.