Turn on thread page Beta

Travelling to an interview 5 hours away watch

ReputationRep:
    I have an Medicine interview 5 hours away, what would be the options as a lot of applicants get rejected an this is 5 hours away....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What do you mean the options? Do you mean for travelling there?

ReputationRep:
    I mean is there no other option but to travel there, as I'm going to live out but for an interview its on the other side of the country.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luqman12673863)
    I have an Medicine interview 5 hours away, what would be the options as a lot of applicants get rejected an this is 5 hours away....
    Suck it up and go you're making excuses for yourself not to. Take the opportunity. Why apply when im presuming you knew you would have to travel?

ReputationRep:
    If you're passionate enough about Medicine then I recommend you go, regardless of what the rejection rate is. You could end up being one of the few who get an offer. Book a hotel nearby for the night before so you'll be well rested on the day of your actual interview.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. I just had an interview in Glasgow on Friday and I live in London - it's worthwhile if you want an offer. If you're worried about the cost of getting there, ask your school if they'd be able to reimburse you.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    travel up the day before and stay in a hotel which is close to the university.

ReputationRep:
    Alright,thanks guys... I guess its just the fear of doing really badly and when you've got a 5 hour journey to dwell on it by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Get used to travelling far away for placements in medical school init

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I guess so

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview five hours away one week and three hours the following week. I travelled up the night before with both of them and returned home afterwards. You’ll regret not going if you don’t.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know, whether I can study at Dundee, for medicine and still get funding....

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know, whether I can study at Dundee, for medicine and still get funding....
    If you are eligible for funding for studying elsewhere in the UK, you will be eligible for funding at a Scottish university.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.