Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. Hope everyone seeing this is doing well. I am in urgent need of help and am hoping anyone seeing this may be able to help.
    I am currently in my first year of OCR chem, 6 months into the course and my teacher is absaloutely useless. He's either never in or never wants to teach. I know it sounds awful but my class doesn't seem to have an issue learning the content themselves. I see people getting 70% while I get 40%s. My teacher has told me that if i continue I will fail this year which I really do not want to. I spend hours revising yet I still see little to no improvement. I have the OCR chem A revision guide as well as the thick OCR workbook by Rob Ritchie. If anyone has any links to help that would be really appreciated. I feel like my revision techniques are wrong (notes and videos) What are good methods or revising and how did any of yous improve your chem grades? Any help what so ever would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    maybe try doing more worksheets/question papers! there are loads online, and even if they're not ocr based, they are still very useful for making sure you really understand the content you have learnt!

(also, im not very good at chem myself, but ive started improving since i started doing more questions rather than reading and making notes)

ReputationRep:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Ca...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

These are useful as a final resource, they compile the information you need to know well and have all the definitions for OCR A new spec.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.