Turn on thread page Beta

Postgraduate loan clarification watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am getting conflicting reports from student advisors at my university can someone help please.... I have just completed a postgraduate certificate, would like to do the full MSc in the subject I did the PGcert in. Am I eligible to receive a postgraduate loan to complete the course even though I’ve already completed 4 modules, does this fall in line as a top up and rule me out as eligible for funding for this course? If it does rule me out, how would you suggest I raise funds to complete the course? Some help on clarifying the above would Ben great. Thanks in advance. Yours, Emmanuel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Dose907)
    I am getting conflicting reports from student advisors at my university can someone help please.... I have just completed a postgraduate certificate, would like to do the full MSc in the subject I did the PGcert in. Am I eligible to receive a postgraduate loan to complete the course even though I’ve already completed 4 modules, does this fall in line as a top up and rule me out as eligible for funding for this course? If it does rule me out, how would you suggest I raise funds to complete the course? Some help on clarifying the above would Ben great. Thanks in advance. Yours, Emmanuel
    Hi Emmanuel,

As long as you do not already hold a Masters qualification and you are not carrying forward any credits from a previous course, you will be eligible.

To be eligible the course must be a full, stand alone Master's course and not a top up from a lower level course. The student must therefore be enrolled on the full Master's course in order to receive PGL funding.

Regards Rona

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.