The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan clarification

I am getting conflicting reports from student advisors at my university can someone help please.... I have just completed a postgraduate certificate, would like to do the full MSc in the subject I did the PGcert in. Am I eligible to receive a postgraduate loan to complete the course even though I’ve already completed 4 modules, does this fall in line as a top up and rule me out as eligible for funding for this course? If it does rule me out, how would you suggest I raise funds to complete the course? Some help on clarifying the above would Ben great. Thanks in advance. Yours, Emmanuel
Original post by Dose907
I am getting conflicting reports from student advisors at my university can someone help please.... I have just completed a postgraduate certificate, would like to do the full MSc in the subject I did the PGcert in. Am I eligible to receive a postgraduate loan to complete the course even though I’ve already completed 4 modules, does this fall in line as a top up and rule me out as eligible for funding for this course? If it does rule me out, how would you suggest I raise funds to complete the course? Some help on clarifying the above would Ben great. Thanks in advance. Yours, Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel,

As long as you do not already hold a Masters qualification and you are not carrying forward any credits from a previous course, you will be eligible.

To be eligible the course must be a full, stand alone Master's course and not a top up from a lower level course. The student must therefore be enrolled on the full Master's course in order to receive PGL funding.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending