Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's the best way to get from Coventry to Birmingham City University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to catch the train to the university from coventry every week or stay at accomodation at Birmingham City University and then come home in the weekends?

I can't make my mind up, any advice would be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I know a few people who travel to Coventry and it only takes them 20 minutes on a train, however sometimes an accommodation is best as sometimes the train stops due to the weather
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Bas15448985)
    Is it better to catch the train to the university from coventry every week or stay at accomodation at Birmingham City University and then come home in the weekends?

I can't make my mind up, any advice would be helpful.
    Hey!

You might find this tool useful - if you put in your home address and then the subject area you're studying it will show you directions and times for each method of travelling to the relevant campus which might give you a good idea if you were to commute.

It's also worth considering if you want the uni halls experience or would rather stay at home. A lot of our students do commute so you wouldn't be alone and you have access to all the same social events. But if you do want to be very involved in social events, it's not just travelling in for lectures you have to consider but evenings/weekends too and maybe getting back home after nights out, but like I said, lots of people do this just fine

Also consider the cost of accommodation and the cost of having a travel pass to commute if that's a decisive factor for you.
    If you are considering accommodation, you can find lots more information on our website here.

I hope this helps, but if you still have questions just ask!

Lydia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hey!

You might find this tool useful - if you put in your home address and then the subject area you're studying it will show you directions and times for each method of travelling to the relevant campus which might give you a good idea if you were to commute.

It's also worth considering if you want the uni halls experience or would rather stay at home. A lot of our students do commute so you wouldn't be alone and you have access to all the same social events. But if you do want to be very involved in social events, it's not just travelling in for lectures you have to consider but evenings/weekends too and maybe getting back home after nights out, but like I said, lots of people do this just fine

Also consider the cost of accommodation and the cost of having a travel pass to commute if that's a decisive factor for you.
    If you are considering accommodation, you can find lots more information on our website here.

I hope this helps, but if you still have questions just ask!

Lydia
    Thanks for the resources, I checked and it takes around 20 minutes to get from Coventry to Birmingham New Street which is fine but there's a 15 minute walk from the station to the campus which is where I'm not sure if it's worth going for.

I also found out that having a train pass would usually be cheaper than staying in accommodation.

What days would the networking and security lectures/lessons normally happen and what time would they start and end? Would they change or stay the same?

Many thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Bas15448985)
    Thanks for the resources, I checked and it takes around 20 minutes to get from Coventry to Birmingham New Street which is fine but there's a 15 minute walk from the station to the campus which is where I'm not sure if it's worth going for.

I also found out that having a train pass would usually be cheaper than staying in accommodation.

What days would the networking and security lectures/lessons normally happen and what time would they start and end? Would they change or stay the same?

Many thanks.
    Hi,

The walk is not much at all, 10 minutes at a steady pace and a pretty direct route. A lot of people travel into town near the station for lunch each day, so that's how close it is.
    It's difficult to say exactly what days you'd have timetabled at the moment, but the typical attendance for this course is 12 hours of contact time spread over 3 or 4 days and it's up to you whether you come in for your self study time or work from home.
    You can find more information on the 'course in depth' tab on the course page here.

Thanks,
    Lydia

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.