The Student Room Group

Drunk cheating?

My boyfriend and I have been together for year now. We are in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and i trust each other to the fullest. Recently he went to party and he got too drunk. His former flame was also at the party. Two years ago, my boyfriend was her side piece because she had and boyfriend and she still does today. My boyfriend ended up drinking more and more and she’s got into a conversation with him and she eventually kissed him. He told me he was too drunk to react quickly. He pretty much told me it was only a peck according to other people since he doesn’t remember that night too much. He also told me that she did it intentionally because she wants him to break up with me and she break up with her boyfriend so they can be together. My boyfriend told me that she’s part of the past and wants nothing to do with her. Long story short he was going to tell me the next day after the party but I was dealing with the passing of a family member that same weekend. 3 days after the party we faced time which was ironicly on Valentine’s Day. I noticed he kept bringing up the party and eventually we got to the topic and he told me everything. I didn’t know how to react. I felt our trust break and I asked him a lot of questions and so many were whirling in my mind. Eventually I agreed to continue our relationship but that my trust is kinda broken and it’s going to take some time for me to fully trust him again. It’s been a day after that conversation and so many thoughts are going through my head and I don’t know if I made the right choice in continuing with our relationship. I do love him but i just feel like i can’t trust him and without trust, I feel like things with crumble. I don’t know what to do or Just give it time and see if I feel comfortable with him again.
(edited 6 years ago)
A peck at a party isn't anything to be upset over, if that's what it is.

If you believe his version of events, there's been no breach of trust and nothing to worry about..after all he told you everything...

but you feel there's a loss of trust, so you probably smell a rat one way or another...you need to think on that and why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending