Turn on thread page Beta

I need advice on my situation with my guy watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Avoid him at all costs, he wants to keep you as a 'side-thing' whilst trying to mend his current relationship.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You could offer him your support, if he knows he can rely on you it could make the process a lot easier for him and you two will get closer.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think you should give him space to heal and get over his relationship/the problems that arose out of it. After all, the last thing you want to do is be involved with somebody who isn’t ready/is still fighting their demons from a previous relationship.

Time heals everything.

ReputationRep:
    As painful as it may seem, try to forget about him. He seems like a sweet guy, but you don't know how long it may take him to move on. If it's anything over a month, which is likely if it was a long-term relationship, you will be restricting your own love life in hope of him getting back to you, which is in no way a good idea. It could be that he finds another person to rebound with, which could then develop into a different relationship. At least this way it would not be a break-up, more of a morph-apart.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    Having re-read our last text messages, I misread the situation slightly. Where I thought he was saying no idea if we will ever date, he was ACTUALLY saying that he’ll be up for it and less busy in a few weeks. He did actually specify. Thanks for the help people and I’ll try not to panic before reading again!
    I lowkey envy you because I had the exact same situation with a guy who I'd been on two dates with, saying that he was trying to deal with his own problems before starting anything with me. He didn't specify anything about whether he'd want to meet again, so I don't know what to make of it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.