Turn on thread page Beta

why does he always call me his? watch

Whenever I'm with my boyfriend, he always says 'you're mine', 'all of you is mine'. He'll even kiss random body parts and say 'mine', 'mine' and 'mine'. The other day I told him I find my chest annoying as it's hard to find nice bras, and he said 'you mean my chest haha'. Or he'll ask 'are you mine?' and I reply 'yes I'm of course I'm yours'.

He then left a lovebite on my chest (without permission) and said he's leaving his mark on me to mark I'm his territory. Is this meant to be cute, or is this weird? I feel like in his head, he thinks owns me and needs reassurance as he's insecure I'm going to cheat or something? Am I reading too much into it?

ReputationRep:
    I think he means well by it, but it is possessive. It could be a sign that he could get controlling...

Next time he says it, say “actually I’m mine” and see how he reacts. Or tell him you don’t like him saying it as it makes you uncomfortable. Either way, c o m m u n i c a t i o n.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

He might just be the possessive type and might well be insecure about losing you. If you don't like it then talk to him about it, but I wouldn't have said he's doing anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Leave him now, he's seeking to dominate by slowly increasing 'territory', quickly reclaim your chastity and banish him from yourself!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Too many red flags here.

He is being far too insecure and possessive.

You are not his property. You are an independent human being.
    I wouldn't stay with someone as immature as him for 1 minute.

I think, if anything, you are not reading enough into his behaviour. Far too often, men like this are physically abusive. Run a mile!

ReputationRep:
    Bordering on the weird side tbh, guys normally think we'll find it cute if they're overly protective but it sounds like he thinks you're an object that can be owned rather than an actual human being. I'd speak to him about it if it's making you uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    If you think it's weird then talk to him about it. He might just find that sort of thing kinky. Many people do.

ReputationRep:
    SOOOO weird

With a bit of cringe
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    He's being overly dominant and it is rather concerning. It's like he's treating you like a trophy of some sort.

possessive... or just a spoilt brat
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Eeeesh, reminds me of the whole 'Harem' novels I use to read. But from what you are saying hes clearly being possesive and perhaps even insecure, if he carries on acting the way he does, he could be a danger to yourself and those around you, I would try breaking it off or telling someone x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.