Turn on thread page Beta

I really dread going into school every day now because of my friends. They’re in my form and we had a big falling out and we aren’t speaking and I don’t think we’ll make up. They were toxic friends anyway, all they did was leave me out constantly and made me feel worthless, but now I have nobody to hang out with at school and it’s really depressing and awkward in form because they mostly talk to everyone in my form and it’s not a big form, so i can’t really join in conversation if it’s them that’s doninating the convos. It makes me feel really alone and it makes me want to cry, I actually went home early one day because I couldn’t take it. I don’t know how I can deal with this lonely feeling because I’m stuck in their form. It’s ironic because they were the ones who begged me to come bck as i had previously moved to a college, but now I regret not staying at the college

ReputationRep:
    That must be so hard for you-I’d suggest seeing if you can move to a different form and maybe joining some clubs or speaking to people in your classes to make new friends? However, if it’s more than just the friends that are causing you to feel this way about sixth form then I’d look at the option of going back to college if you were enjoying that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It sounds awful but I would try not to worry too much about it. Sixth form seems to go surprisingly quick (I'm in A2, I assume you're in AS?) and you don't have to see those people again soon. I would work on chatting to other people in your classes and just act indifferent to your old friends, don't let them know they're bothering you. Also I've found that there's so much going on in A2 it's hard to actually find time to spend with your friends, even if you want to, because you have so much work going on! What subjects are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    Use it ......... take it as the removal of any and all distractions. Study hard, and thank them when you get results you need to get into the best uni you can.

Use this advice throughout your life.

Take other peoples negativity - and forge positivity from it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I’ve read your situation and honestly I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this.

But, are you going to university?

Realistically I got the impression that you’re taking your AS at the moment, but if you’re coming up to exams anyway and they’re still upsetting you then you need to find something to block them out.

Why don’t you try studying more and avoiding them? You’ll find more friends, honestly people come and go. This might give you an opportunity to really work hard and get your head down. If you’re going to university then you might not have to wait long until you can get out of there and make more friends.

That being said, if you’re not happy then do something about it. Go and tell someone and if things don’t lighten up then tell someone again and again and keep going to teachers and keep track of when you’ve gone. This way you have a record of what’s happened.

Get your head down and get some work done, friends will come and go.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Should of gone college then

(Original post by 99joshuathomas)
    Okay, I’ve read your situation and honestly I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this.

But, are you going to university?

Realistically I got the impression that you’re taking your AS at the moment, but if you’re coming up to exams anyway and they’re still upsetting you then you need to find something to block them out.

Why don’t you try studying more and avoiding them? You’ll find more friends, honestly people come and go. This might give you an opportunity to really work hard and get your head down. If you’re going to university then you might not have to wait long until you can get out of there and make more friends.

That being said, if you’re not happy then do something about it. Go and tell someone and if things don’t lighten up then tell someone again and again and keep going to teachers and keep track of when you’ve gone. This way you have a record of what’s happened.

Get your head down and get some work done, friends will come and go.
    Yeah, I think you’re right, I’m trying really hard to block them out, it’s just hard when they’re always around and it does upset me to see them because they were my best friends.

(Original post by Maelovesbooks)
    It sounds awful but I would try not to worry too much about it. Sixth form seems to go surprisingly quick (I'm in A2, I assume you're in AS?) and you don't have to see those people again soon. I would work on chatting to other people in your classes and just act indifferent to your old friends, don't let them know they're bothering you. Also I've found that there's so much going on in A2 it's hard to actually find time to spend with your friends, even if you want to, because you have so much work going on! What subjects are you taking?
    Yeah I’m doing AS at the moment. I’m trying not to worry about it and act like it doesn’t affect me, it shouldn’t because they treated me so badly so I should be happy to be rid of them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.