Turn on thread page Beta

The media has portrayed a killer of 17 innocent people as a victim! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Nowhere have I said I know what his motives are. How you can come to the conclusions you do baffles me.
    And who is acting like they have inside information? and of what kind? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown_usr)
    ahhhhh I get it.

Also, can we just report her en masse? Just flag every post cuz shes way more racist than an of us ._.
    Good idea.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I figured I'd post here since I can see this thread boiling over. Let's be careful not to break the rules via this debate/discussion. That includes resorting to insulting one another, as well as misusing the report function and just report things you don't agree with. Both aren't allowed so don't do it lest we want the thread gone.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    None of the background affects whether or not he can tell right from wrong.
    The electric chair isn't too nice but ethnic minorities have been sentenced to the chair for crimes such as aggravated robbery or rape which is why it seems "too little".
    Furthermore the US is really weird with their sentencing. What good is saying 175 years? A white male got life in prison for sexually abusing over 160 women (Larry Nassar) and a young girl got the same sentence as him for killing her rapist (Cyntoia Brown)
    I didn’t see this reply. My notifications seem to be playing up.

Larry Nassar and Cyntonia don’t technically have the same sentence. Larry has 100-235 years. Cyntonia has 51 years to life.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for bumping my thread, but enough now.
    If you don't like me stop commenting on my posts.
    No problem. Look at all the people that came to support you lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown_usr)
    please euthanise me I don't want to live anymore
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    He is a white supremacist!!!!!!!!

Nikolas Cruz wanted to be a 'professional school shooter', attended white supremacist training schools and had a twisted obsession for guns and hurting animals

ReputationRep:
    These are the warning signs we missed!

1. posted that he was 'going to be a professional school shooter'.

2. Expelled from school for unreasonably violent behavior

3. Joined one of the over 65 white supremacist training schools in America

4. Bought his AR-15 legally

ReputationRep:
    While I do sympathise him for his background, I obviously don't condone his act of murder and yes, of course he should be punished. While not everyone with a broken background does commit crimes, some people do and we can't ignore this fact. Like it or not, mental health does sometimes contribute to such horrendous actions. However, I've made it clear I don't condone the act of murder and I disagree that he's a victim, but like one of the earlier replies stated, it's normal for the media to drop facts about the offender's background. Never really thought about it this way before but you are right that they seem to have a bias towards white people, which again is wrong.

I detest the fact they've mentioned he's autistic though. As someone who also has it, autism already has enough bad publicity as it is (particularly in America) and this case is gonna fuel the existing negativity surrounding the spectrum.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    None of the background affects whether or not he can tell right from wrong.
    The electric chair isn't too nice but ethnic minorities have been sentenced to the chair for crimes such as aggravated robbery or rape which is why it seems "too little".
    Furthermore the US is really weird with their sentencing. What good is saying 175 years? A white male got life in prison for sexually abusing over 160 women (Larry Nassar) and a young girl got the same sentence as him for killing her rapist (Cyntoia Brown)
    Out of interest but why are all of your posts seeming to be complaining about how blacks are nothing but being picked on whilst whitey apparently makes it his business to stomp on them?

ReputationRep:
    Can people on this thread stop just reporting every post that you disagree with. It stifles proper debate.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tml?mrn_rm=rta

Article portrays him as the premeditated murderer he is!

Shame that Donald Trump tweeted about MI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Out of interest but why are all of your posts seeming to be complaining about how blacks are nothing but being picked on whilst whitey apparently makes it his business to stomp on them?
    Because it is the reality?
    Black people - inferior
    White people - superior

White people are the superior race and they make sure this is known.
    I can't join one of the over 20 white nationalist/supremacist groups that operate in the UK but any white person can.
    This doesn't mean that all white people are supremacists its just the fact that most white people will be detached from the problems BAME face because of the fact they're superior.
    For example, if I told you that a black girl didn't apply to Cambridge because she was constantly told during her education that you have to elitist and posh to even be there you wouldn't understand.
    I understand because I've been told once that it isn't my place to try to get into Oxbridge and I should make more realistic goals such as Liverpool (exactly) because of my name.

Anyway, the US and its affirmative action scheme is doing really well. Even Sutton Trust is amazing but it could be better.
    Look at this girl who went into my school and got a 1/5 million scholarship --> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...place-MIT.html

ReputationRep:
    There definitely is a media format for these things - white killer, personality disorder - brown killer. terrorist - black killer - evil murderer who must be executed.

People are also wrongly seeking answers in the personality of the killer, ignoring the logic that there will always be people with mental struggles and the problem is the gun culture and the availability of military-style mass murder weapons, rather than individuals.

This youth purchased an assault rifle legally in a licensed store.

Only in America could a troubled teenager do that.

ReputationRep:
    He is a white supremacist!!!!!!!!

Nikolas Cruz wanted to be a 'professional school shooter', attended white supremacist training schools and had a twisted obsession for guns and hurting animals
    Still waiting for the arrests of the white supremacist organisation that took him on paramilitary training activities. Fellow conspirators.

ReputationRep:
    two words - white privilege.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Still waiting for the arrests of the white supremacist organisation that took him on paramilitary training activities. Fellow conspirators.
    Hey, I just want to say that in America these groups are legal!
    There are over 300 groups promoting white supremacy and over 45 groups that specifically train other white people into becoming white supremacists!
    They wont get charged - they've never been charged before even when one member in the past killed people in a church.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cod3tte)
    Why did the media not call Darren Osborn a terrorist, his intention was to kill Muslims. Or that man who shot black people in a church in America, he clearly stated he wanted to start a race war, yet oh no, he's not a terrorist! He's mentally ill!

wait, isn't he in HollyOaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantine2016)
    The reason why America is not labelling the killer as a terrorist is because it would draw attention to the whole gun control debate
    CNN started talking about gun control a few hours after it happened, who is politicizing it is the liberal media.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is the reality?
    Black people - inferior
    White people - superior

White people are the superior race and they make sure this is known.
    I can't join one of the over 20 white nationalist/supremacist groups that operate in the UK but any white person can.
    This doesn't mean that all white people are supremacists its just the fact that most white people will be detached from the problems BAME face because of the fact they're superior.
    For example, if I told you that a black girl didn't apply to Cambridge because she was constantly told during her education that you have to elitist and posh to even be there you wouldn't understand.
    I understand because I've been told once that it isn't my place to try to get into Oxbridge and I should make more realistic goals such as Liverpool (exactly) because of my name.

Anyway, the US and its affirmative action scheme is doing really well. Even Sutton Trust is amazing but it could be better.
    Look at this girl who went into my school and got a 1/5 million scholarship --> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...place-MIT.html

I mean yeah it is pretty obvious that only white people can join white supremacist groups, next you will be telling me that black supremacist groups dont want to have white people in their groups or that radical muslim terrorists dont want to have christians in their group, this is not even an argument as what do white people get out of these groups, nothing but bad things it isnt exactly some elite membership to a whites only club it is a one way pass to death and misery for you and others around you.

yeah if you told me that someone didnt enlist to a 'posh' university because they thought it was above them I would understand there are plenty of white people that are in that situation where they are not 'posh' enough to join or atleast they dont think they are, these people need to man up and make their own decisions it is their fault if they do not try to get in if they reasonably could.

Yes affermative action is doing really well at being racist and giving black people advantages over white people, your whole conversation about how white killers are portrayed as innocent victims whilst black killers are evil monsters is totally insane, they are just stating the fact, and why when a black guy is killed by a cop or another white guy it is on the news and everyone is crying racism yet when one of the thousands of black on black deaths happens no one cares to sort out the systematic problems within black communities and the black people are always portrayed as innocent kids that were doing so well and could never be in a gang and the shooting could never have been justified.

It is just another incident of black people playing the race card to try and get out of things

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.