ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    A-level tips, anyone??
    To survive A-levels, don't die.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fair enough
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    lol i actually came on here looking for real advice cos a level physics has me feeling like im dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    Haha, fair enough
    I'm only at GCSE but I would guess do past papers and give yourself 2 days per week with no extra studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucie J)
    lol i actually came on here looking for real advice cos a level physics has me feeling like im dying
    omg same. I have a mock on Monday and I feel like I've barely covered a tenth of the syllabus!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    omg same. I have a mock on Monday and I feel like I've barely covered a tenth of the syllabus!!
    😭😭 good luck.
    I've already failed my mock - avenge me by ace-ing yours fellow TSR user

ReputationRep:
    😭😭 good luck.
    😭😭 good luck.
    Thank you. I will try very hard! Odds aren't quite in my favour though... What spec do you do?

ReputationRep:
    AQA, i know thats the exam board but i dont know what spec i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    A-level tips, anyone??
    Know it'll be tougher at uni...

It is for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Know it'll be tougher at uni...

It is for me.
    Oh dear! Where are you and what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    Oh dear! Where are you and what are you studying?
    University of Liverpool and studying business management. Teaching hours is also low, only about 7-8 hours in classes per week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    I'm only at GCSE but I would guess do past papers and give yourself 2 days per week with no extra studying?
    aaaah, what an innocent child you are, there isnt enough time to not do anything for a full two days.

(Original post by leeju)
    A-level tips, anyone??
    I would recommend taking regular beaks and giving yourself reasonable amounts of work for each study session. Also find what motivates you (eg, going to X university, or a great summer holiday) and keep remembering that what you are doing atm will help you reach that goal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    University of Liverpool and studying business management. Teaching hours is also low, only about 7-8 hours in classes per week.
    Good luck! I hope things get smoother for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yipyipee)
    aaaah, what an innocent child you are, there isnt enough time to not do anything for a full two days.

I would recommend taking regular beaks and giving yourself reasonable amounts of work for each study session. Also find what motivates you (eg, going to X university, or a great summer holiday) and keep remembering that what you are doing atm will help you reach that goal
    So next year when I'm in college (doing maths, further maths and physics) i'll need to study outside of college for 6 or 7 days per week. Will it be a good idea for me to start studying for A-level before I start college (so as soon as my GCSEs finish I start)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yipyipee)
    HAHAHA yeah, I was thinking just that! Thanks for the advice... Can't wait till this summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    Good luck! I hope things get smoother for you.
    Thanks remember to work hard, I got average gcse's so couldn't get into the uni I wanted. Also, maybe you should look at going to the gym, high intensity training or doing some sport you like. Yeah, your a levels are the most important thing right now, but training REALLY helps keep you sane, relaxed and happy. So if you're struggling to cope, I'd recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Thanks remember to work hard, I got average gcse's so couldn't get into the uni I wanted. Also, maybe you should look at going to the gym, high intensity training or doing some sport you like. Yeah, your a levels are the most important thing right now, but training REALLY helps keep you sane, relaxed and happy. So if you're struggling to cope, I'd recommend it.
    Thank you! I swim and I find that very helpful for destressing, but increasingly it is difficult to find time to do it. Bearing what you said in mind, I will try to make it work though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeju)
    Thank you! I swim and I find that very helpful for destressing, but increasingly it is difficult to find time to do it. Bearing what you said in mind, I will try to make it work though!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    So next year when I'm in college (doing maths, further maths and physics) i'll need to study outside of college for 6 or 7 days per week. Will it be a good idea for me to start studying for A-level before I start college (so as soon as my GCSEs finish I start)?
    you should enjoy your summer while you have it, unless you really want to

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.