Turn on thread page Beta

A year and a bit left of state school, what do I do? State/grammar/private opinions.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

so I don't know if anyone reading this is at a state/private school or went to one in the past, but here's the thing:

*I am working my ****ing ass off to get out of this school and into a better one.
    *I literally have no friends here.
    *I basically cannot live my life at my current state school because of stupid, idiotic behavior that other pupils find entertaining to watch on me.
    *I have big expectations for myself, and I am trying to make them happen.

So I have a year and a bit left for this current state school, and then i'm off to a private school.

Wtf do I do in the time? I don't have anything to enjoy here and I want it to go really quickly.

I also want to know, which types schools you went to and what you thought of them and which one you think is best for you.

xx
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by queenmeelzx)
    Hey there,

so I don't know if anyone reading this is at a state/private school or went to one in the past, but here's the thing:

*I am working my ****ing ass off to get out of this school and into a better one.
    *I literally have no friends here.
    *I basically cannot live my life at my current state school because of stupid, idiotic behavior that other pupils find entertaining to watch on me.
    *I have big expectations for myself, and I am trying to make them happen.

So I have a year and a bit left for this current state school, and then i'm off to a private school.

Wtf do I do in the time? I don't have anything to enjoy here and I want it to go really quickly.

I also want to know, which types schools you went to and what you thought of them and which one you think is best for you.

xx
    I went to a state school and worked hard to get good grades. I enjoyed the earlier years of school but then it was a case of count down the days in the last couple. I loved learning though and still do, it was just the environment. Looking back I’d probably have gone to a different school if I’d had the choice but I am glad I managed to work as I did and make the best outcome.

I think this applies to you. You can go to the best school in the country or the worst but at the end of the day it’s what you yourself put into it that counts. If you’ve got a teacher who isn’t so great and there’s gaps in your knowledge, it’s up to you to fill them, because at the end of the day it’s your name accompanying that grade, not your teacher’s.

If you need to talk you know where I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I went to a state school and worked hard to get good grades. I enjoyed the earlier years of school but then it was a case of count down the days in the last couple. I loved learning though and still do, it was just the environment. Looking back I’d probably have gone to a different school if I’d had the choice but I am glad I managed to work as I did and make the best outcome.

I think this applies to you. You can go to the best school in the country or the worst but at the end of the day it’s what you yourself put into it that counts. If you’ve got a teacher who isn’t so great and there’s gaps in your knowledge, it’s up to you to fill them, because at the end of the day it’s your name accompanying that grade, not your teacher’s.

If you need to talk you know where I am
    Thankyou xx I'll pm you

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.