Turn on thread page Beta

So I know this is going to be incredibly stupid but anyway so I broke up with someone. i tried to contact him afterwards but no response and was just ignored. Its been 2 years.

It looks like we might meet soon because of mutual friends.

Now he decides to reply to me with an x at the end of his message. I don't know how to feel about this. He ignored me for so long and now an x appears and honestly it makes me a little angry and anxious.

Do you think it was a mistake or do you think he is trying to say something with this? Or do you think he is just messing me around?

Its rather frustrating as I'm talking to another guy at the moment and the x has literally thrown me and made me rethink things.

ReputationRep:
    I think you’re reading too much into it.

Maybe it’s just a force of habit? Or he was trying to make his message appear nicer? Sometimes a sentence with a full stop can appear emotionless.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He’s reminding you he’s the x in your life, no need to wonder y. This ain’t maths kiddo

ReputationRep:
    x sends an x , go figure

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.