Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I recently started dating this guy, it's been about a month now and the thing is, he's not much of a texter and we rarely text. I'm not needy or want attention all the time but texting so normal in a relationship and it sometimes make me feel like he doesn't think of me or make me feel unwanted and confused. It's great when we're together and I can tell he cares but when we aren't, I start overthinking and feel anxious about our relationship. I've talked to him about it and he says he'll try to text more but it's the same old ting over again. We're both in different uni so we don't get to spend time together everyday. We once went through 3 days without texting each other at all and I just don't get how he's so chill with it. It makes me worry if he's with me for the wrong reasons. Does anyone have any advice or a similar situation as this??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    can't you just be happy that you have actually have a bf , he's probably busy with something more important , you should do the same

I agree with the person above because we all need our alone time and space sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Ray_Shadows having a boyfriend isn't really an accomplishment . And it's not about doing something more important, having a good communication going in a relationship is important and this situation just worries me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat1258)
    Ray_Shadows having a boyfriend isn't really an accomplishment . And it's not about doing something more important, having a good communication going in a relationship is important and this situation just worries me.
    lmfao you'd be surprised by the amount of people who wished they had a bf or gf , and just because he dosent reply back to a text dosent mean his communication skills are atrocious , maybe he has personal things going on that he wants to discuss with anyone else

ReputationRep:
    don’t expect things in a relationship just because it happens in others because every relationship is different. I think it’s a good that you guys can go days without texting and still enjoy spending time with another, honestly expecting to communicate all the time might just make you bored of each other, just go with the flow and don’t try to force things

ReputationRep:
    let the poor bloke breathe lol. This is one thing I can't stand about girls. I myself don't feel the urge to be in constant communication with people and it gets me on edge when a girl expects me to respond to her texts immediately. Maybe he's working out, playing sports, watching Netflix, dicking around with his friends, studying, dealing with stress, meditating, plucking his nostril hairs, playing with his f*cking power ranger action figures. It's unfair for you to expect him to drop all of that. "But he could at least wish me goodnight" I hear you say. Maybe he doesn't know that's expected of him. I didn't when I had my first relationship (tho tbf, i did use to be technophobe). Instead of having a panic attack, tell him you'd like to communicate more via text. Initiate the convos if you have to. If it's that big of a problem, leave him and find someone else who is also addicted to their phone
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PhilanderingBum)
    let the poor bloke breathe lol. This is one thing I can't stand about girls. I myself don't feel the urge to be in constant communication with people and it gets me on edge when a girl expects me to respond to her texts immediately. Maybe he's working out, playing sports, watching Netflix, dicking around with his friends, studying, dealing with stress, meditating, plucking his nostril hairs, playing with his f*cking power ranger action figures. It's unfair for you to expect him to drop all of that. "But he could at least wish me goodnight" I hear you say. Maybe he doesn't know that's expected of him. I didn't when I had my first relationship (tho tbf, i did use to be technophobe). Instead of having a panic attack, tell him you'd like to communicate more via text. Initiate the convos if you have to. If it's that big of a problem, leave him and find someone else who is also addicted to their phone
    Solid advice right here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilanderingBum)
    Ya'll wild. I didn't say I want him to text me 24x7 but it's weird when a person you're in a relationship can go for days without having a world with you. And if you read again, I have talked to him about it and nothing has changed which is why I'm posting about this in the first place. I appreciate your input but you don't have to be so pessimistic, chill (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    don’t expect things in a relationship just because it happens in others because every relationship is different. I think it’s a good that you guys can go days without texting and still enjoy spending time with another, honestly expecting to communicate all the time might just make you bored of each other, just go with the flow and don’t try to force things
    That is true. Thanks for the input x

ReputationRep:
    Well I think some alone time and not communicating time isn't bad for both of you but I completely understand where you are coming from. It can really put your mind to think a million things but you are both in Uni and both busy I assume with your studies. If you guys were constantly communicating you would get bored. Trust me, it happens and you want to have things to talk about. Talk to him and maybe you can both meet in the middle. Give yourself time too, don't be too worried about him and focus on other things so you don't start over thinking.

(Original post by Hanifa_x)
    For real he does not deserve you, you Deserve better I know it's hard and it's not easy to walk away but you shouldn't be with someone who makes you overthink, you should be with someone who gives you their time and makes you realise your worth!
    Says the Somali no one likes and will be single forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat1258)
    3 days is a bit much but as a guy I'm not really much of a texter either which I think would stress someone out in a relationship lol. people can message me and i'd get back to them a few hours later I rarely look at my phone for texts.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably just doing something else
    Like smashing another girl 😏

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think I would be ok with that honestly. It takes about 30 seconds to send someone a text message just to let them know you’re thinking of them. He can’t take 30 seconds out of his day to send you a poxy text message?

It would make me feel insecure really as I’m clearly not on their mind and they haven’t thought about me in 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reeeeyah)
    I don’t think I would be ok with that honestly. It takes about 30 seconds to send someone a text message just to let them know you’re thinking of them. He can’t take 30 seconds out of his day to send you a poxy text message?

It would make me feel insecure really as I’m clearly not on their mind and they haven’t thought about me in 3 days.
    Tbh, I'm not sure about this relationship at this point. We exchange like one text a day and that's about it. Do you think I should just end this before it gets worse?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.