The Student Room Group

Do good looking guys find ugly girls attractive?

Hi
I am an average girl, more on the ugly side. I get complimented on my lips, eyes, and hair. Lately, I've been talking to this really good looking guy. But, when I told him that I never had a bf, he wouldn't believe. He called me cute and thinks that I am lying when I say that I never had bf. Is he actually telling me the truth or is he just lying to make me feel good and keep on talking to him?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I am an average girl, more on the ugly side. I get complimented on my lips, eyes, and hair. Lately, I've been talking to this really good looking guy. But, when I told him that I never had a bf, he wouldn't believe. He called me cute and thinks that I am lying when I say that I never had bf. Is he actually telling me the truth or is he just lying to make me feel good and keep on talking to him?

Attractiveness varies from person to person so the guy you're talking to may find you attractive, even though you don't think so.

Just keep going and see what happens. Flirt back with him too.
Just because you don't like your own appearance doesn't mean that other people don't either :h:
Reply 3
Hi

It does not happen very often but once in a blue moon I will see couples where the guy is quite good looking and the girl is below average

tbh, I do see it more the other way round [where a girl is quite good looking and the guy is below average], however I wouldn't say that this is exactly common either.
Reply 4
Hi

where did you meet this guy?

school/college/university?

internet dating?

night out?
honestly if i subconsciously thought you were fit enough to give birth to and raise a child I would find you sexually attractive. After that me sticking around depends on how much I like your personality.
Hi

He's flirting I think

But in general yes, good looking people do find ugly people attractive. Looks isn't everything to some people and they want to date that person for who they are.
Don't have high expectations so you feel less disappointed if it does not turn out the way you want. You got nothing to lose if you think he's being genuine so go for it.
ngl get a fair amount of female attention when i'm out; that means i'm either a solid 8.5 or rich, and I have 8p left in my bank so do the math

But no, it's subjective; how on earth can anyone be objectively beautiful or ugly? they can't be.

It's also not about looks.

One thing though; this applies to females to guys as well; the more attention you get the more freedom you get, the threshold (or, the bar) gets raised.

I'm 30 years old; I have never had a serious relationship; not through want of not trying; I have a hell of a lot to give (and spare the clcihes) I' get caught up in peoples' web of lies and manipulation - I have from the age of 27 on yearned for a gf, not this adolescent whimisical"omg I need a relationship" yearning; call it the hands of time turning, call it reciprocation, call it just pure and utter loneliness - I have (or I have had -various issues which would make it all very difficult (or maybe all worthwhile :iiam:

BUT, NOT TO DIGRESS:

I am open minded about women; and I apply this neutrality to everything in life; music, film, literature - smply because it gives scope for exploration of the sheer spectrum of what is out there.

So, I don't have a type all that is just so boring and will most likely get you unmatched. But no, How can you pigeonhole yourself? Look at it with a less blinkered view, all women are beautiful to a degree; even if they're not "objectively" attractive, they'll have something, and that may be what it takes - see beynf looks, chat, develop rapport = fall in love??
Original post by ANM775
where did you meet this guy?

school/college/university?

internet dating?

night out?

down the chippy innit.
OP you are self-aware of your own personal qualities. So why not exentuate them and others; it's about effort and attainment.

You don't get guys?

Identify why.

Too shy?

Come out of your shell more

Have guys mess you around too much?

Stand up for yourself.

balancing too much?

Focus on your priorites

Call yourself ugly yet list your lips etc as good qualities?

So you know your own qualities.

Work on your physical appearance, be it general facial features, weight, clothes, stance, persona (and aura that exudes)

Think your lacking personality wise?

**** them, if they can't take your natural personality, **** them with a ten foot bargepole.

Be yourself about all.
Hi

Wait, so you are more average on the ugly side but you get compliments for some of the features on your face? I think my definition of 'Ugly' is different to yours but oh well. Seems like he probs is lying to get you to chat to him, guys like them are dodgy asf and girls fail to realise till the last minute
You think you're ugly and someone else will think you're beautiful.
Different people are attracted to different things, it isn't black and white.
First off Beauty is in the eye of the beholderrrrr so you always have a chance
But just note, why would he go out with a mediocre girl if he's that good looking-Lot's of beautiful girls would crowd round him.
You are a swan. You are not an ugly duckling.

Having said that, boys will come out with all sorts of flattery in order to get their wicked way.
And boys that haven't been having much luck in the sexual department will go with the plainer looking girls as they think they are easier and more of a guaranteed lay.

Edit: my 2nd oldest brother is a very handsome and charming man. Think of a cross between a young Mel Gibson, Leonardo Dicaprio and Tom Cruise. When I was still a virgin his advice to me was "Always go for the plainer girls." It took me a few years to realise just how bad this advice was. His long term relationships have always been with unattractive, over-weight women.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest