Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, at A level I’m studying biology, chemistry and Maths but do not really have any interest in studying these subjects at uni. I ended up applying for biology but have been having some intense regret about this. Recently I’ve been looking at law courses online and they seem to really interest me, plus they don’t specifically require a law a level (for the most part). I was just wondering if I were to get decent grades in my a levels, do you think it is at all Possible that I could get onto a law course through clearing, even though I have no law a level? Thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Audaciousinertia)
    So, at A level I’m studying biology, chemistry and Maths but do not really have any interest in studying these subjects at uni. I ended up applying for biology but have been having some intense regret about this. Recently I’ve been looking at law courses online and they seem to really interest me, plus they don’t specifically require a law a level (for the most part). I was just wondering if I were to get decent grades in my a levels, do you think it is at all Possible that I could get onto a law course through clearing, even though I have no law a level? Thanks in advance.
    You can use UCAS extra , which allows one further application as long as you have no offers current or outstanding.

There will be places in clearing, but the choices may be limited as many courses at the better unis will be full.

In the event you have thought it through, get the results, but the choice on offer arent great, then take a gap and get into the best uni possible. Imo.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of law courses are in clearing. The issue is that you may not be the most competitive of candidates, sporting a profile which doesn't exactly smack of 'aspiring law student' or even 'aspiring lawyer'.

Which universities are you thinking of getting into, broadly? Any geographic (or other) preferences?

(Original post by Audaciousinertia)
    x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.