Turn on thread page Beta

brother keeps sexualising my body watch

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    as in walking around naked?
    I get that too but I wear clothes lol, if my tits are visible through my top, i usually get slaps or a shouting etc.
    nah i'd never walk around naked, i just mean if i'm wearing a top without a bra underneath he doesn't like it. i don't even notice it but i guess guys do.

Wth lol Islam says to cover up in front of guys who are not family etc u can wear whatever the f*ck u want in front of ur family as long as its appropriate.

Ur brother needs to chill, just keep wearing whatever u want until they get used to it. Give him a slap next time.

Also a word of advice, parents can be wrong sometimes, if ur mum always sides ur brother then tell her that.

(Original post by sunshine774)
    I'm a Muslim and my family and I aren't backwards at all! I understand where you're coming from, I just hope you don't think all Muslims are backwards But I agree some are and it's bad!
    not all muslims but islam itself is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Yeah that's pretty much my main issue, I don't know of any other religion that's so prone to individual interpretation and some folks just take things totally the wrong way, it seems.
    Yeah it really does... I think sometimes culture is also a big problem tbh.

I doubt it, he doesnt really know the same people i do
    and im forced to wear a hijab and dress when I go out so highly unlikely again
    I'm pretty sure your family are just trying to maintain your modesty and protect you. I don't agree with forcing you to wear a hijab because it should be something young Muslim women can take their time in getting ready for. in Islam its prohibited for forcing women to do...that. sooo

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Gathered :lol: I mean, I respect that people believe what they want, but I just think it's such a backward religion with outdated rules. Every other religion I know moves with the times, but Islam does not.
    exactly
    and for everyone saying that this is cultural:
    MY bROther is extremely religious okay, and he is extremely critical of culture and the intermixing of culture and religion. he is purely religious and he is extremely sceptical of Islam that is not pracitsed literally. His actions are based on religion.

they are a troll most likely from that other thread and I think I know who it is

quite sad and desperate how some non Muslims have nothing better to do but spread lies about Islam then they end up looking stupid when we expose them
    im not a troll, his happens to me all the time and just did today
    I'm sick and tired of how restrictive this religion is for me and im sorry that I had to maek this about religion but it actually is about religion, specifically Islam and I cant really lie about that. My family act on religion not culture, they dont value culture as much as they do religion.

(Original post by The Night King)
    Watched it twice. Pretty good, would recommend it!
    its really damn good lol, i might just watch it again rn

(Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    That's between them and Allah. I have done my duty Alhamdulliah.

It's not spreading lies as such they are misguided to the nth degree that they do not want to learn the truth because they do not want to be in the wrong. Who cares? Islam is a big learning curve one shouldn't be embarrassed to learn about their religion.

As for OP in the nicest way I can word this, sis I suggest you really do brush up on your Islam because you clearly are not aware of what it entails.

Culture and Islam would never amalgamate together.
    are you evenn reading my posts?
    I studied islamic theology for 6 years. I dont need no brushing up on my islam.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah
    I was going to mention that but I thought people might react badly to that so I just "extremely religious"
    but really, islam is the problem.
    I think my brother is so sex starved and so used to seeing womens bodies as private and taboo that even just a slither skin is making it hard for him to control his "desires".
    I grew up in a Muslim household too with a very religious dad but I was allowed to wear jeans and jumpers. I was never forced to wear the hijab either even though my dad would try to persuade me to. I don't think Islam is the problem here. This seems more like an issue of your mum and brother being overbearing.

I would tell your brother to butt out because he isn't your dad and doesn't have the right to tell you what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I think its more a family thing. My family are still not laid back; they not gonna let my sister walk out in hoe clothing, but there not going to go over the top like that, they don't mind if she doesn't were a hijab unless like family elders are around cuz family honour and ****.

(Original post by orderofthelotus)
    did you just straight up admit to being intolerant

if she feels the faith is repressing her because it DOES say to cover up, thereby letting her family think they have the license to dictate her clothing, who do you think you are to tell her how to feel?
    I said tolerate blaming Islam. I will continue to stick up for such a beautiful religion Alhamdulliah you can slate it just like the evil doers burdened Hadhrat Bilal(RA) but I will continue InshaAllah.

It says to cover up for your own benefit. She can wear whatever she desires at home, no one's saying no but her brother because he's cultured into such. That has nothing to do with Islam.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

lol yeah
    I was going to mention that but I thought people might react badly to that so I just "extremely religious"
    but really, islam is the problem.
    I think my brother is so sex starved and so used to seeing womens bodies as private and taboo that even just a slither skin is making it hard for him to control his "desires".
    im from a very religious muslim family and theres literally no reason to over sexualise the female body in the quran it says that as u cannot marry ur own brother its okay to not be completely covered infront of him this problem sounds more like a culture problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    And your issue is?
    Nothing.

Why have you not called me Mr Moncler yet, or Sir Moncler.

No no forget that, you should call me Monsieur Moncler.

That sounds more noble.:dogt:

ReputationRep:
    I studied islamic theology for 6 years. I dont need no brushing up on my islam.
    don't bother, you could study Islam longer than a scholar and if you still decide to criticise it, it'll still be dismissed as superficial because "nobody who studies islam properly would disagree with it!!!!1!"

ReputationRep:
    exactly
    and for everyone saying that this is cultural:
    MY bROther is extremely religious okay, and he is extremely critical of culture and the intermixing of culture and religion. he is purely religious and he is extremely sceptical of Islam that is not pracitsed literally. His actions are based on religion.
    Well if this is true how come my family aren't backwards on anything? We're very normal and not critical of culture or of anyone or sexist or anything! Your brother is following Islam in the WRONG way if he is "extremely critical of culture and the intermixing of culture and religion". Hello, it is 2018? Following any religion does not mean that you can't move with the times!! And before religion, we are all human beings- so what is his problem with culture? Islam and every religion is built on love and peace I hope your brother and family realise this one day...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick and tired of how restrictive this religion is for me and im sorry that I had to maek this about religion but it actually is about religion, specifically Islam and I cant really lie about that. My family act on religion not culture, they dont value culture as much as they do religion.
    There are a lot of Muslim women who do not wear the hijab and still follow the faith. There are also a lot of LGBT Muslims who still follow the faith as well. My point is that all religions, regardless of which one it is, are about a spiritual connection within yourself to God. A religion will become restrictive if you let it be restrictive for you.

ReputationRep:
    No- your family are acting on culture. And I would say the same about EVERY religion.

(Original post by constantine2016)
    There are a lot of Muslim women who do not wear the hijab and still follow the faith. There are also a lot of LGBT Muslims who still follow the faith as well. My point is that all religions, regardless of which one it is, are about a spiritual connection within yourself to God. A religion will become restrictive if you let it be restrictive for you.
    and when it is being imposed on you by your family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantine2016)
    Finally somebody with common sense!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.