Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's it like? Did not get to go to an open day. In particular what's the maths course like and are the buildings nice/modern. Also is the library nice? Really feel like firming them but don't want to be hasty as I am a very indecisive person and change my mind really quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, CS student here but have friends who have previously studied Maths as well as friends currently studying Maths.

The buildings are constantly being changed to be more modernised, which generally results in a lot of construction works around campus, however the end result is top-of-the-line facilities for faculty as well as of-course the students. We currently have 5 libraries, however I'll highlight 2 of them since the others are generally department-specific, and are distanced from the Maths building. Just search Laidlaw Library and Edward Boyle library and you'll see what the buildings look like on the exterior and interior. The Edward Boyle library is directly next to Maths, so I'd expect a lot of students going there during the day.

If you end up coming this year, and want to use the library I'd heavily recommend organising yourself and booking library spots ASAP, since the libraries are constantly in high demand (sometimes 3-4 days fully booked in-advance during semesters).

Good luck in your exams

ReputationRep:
    Eddy B has just been done up - it's so pretty inside now! It gets busy during exam times, but every uni library across the country is the same so don't worry. We also have computer clusters - loads of them! - so just rooms with computers in that are free to use for students with all the software on that you could possibly need for a degree
    Also the maths department has been refurbished so that's pretty swish too

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic campus, SU and city.

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.