Turn on thread page Beta

Four Year Graduate Medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Next year I am hoping to apply to study 4 year graduate medicine in the UK. However I noticed that many of the 4 year graduate medicine courses required an A level in chemistry as a requirement. I sat both the Irish leaving certificate and studied my undergraduate degree in Ireland. As an undergraduate degree I completed a BSc in biochemistry but did not do chemistry for my leaving certificate(Irish equivalent of the A levels). I was just wondering do you think this may pose a problem for me in applying to graduate medicine courses in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithd19)
    Next year I am hoping to apply to study 4 year graduate medicine in the UK. However I noticed that many of the 4 year graduate medicine courses required an A level in chemistry as a requirement. I sat both the Irish leaving certificate and studied my undergraduate degree in Ireland. As an undergraduate degree I completed a BSc in biochemistry but did not do chemistry for my leaving certificate(Irish equivalent of the A levels). I was just wondering do you think this may pose a problem for me in applying to graduate medicine courses in the UK?
    Some of the GEPs may accept the chemistry modules you took during your BSc as being equivalent to A level chemistry. Email the med schools you're interested in and ask for clarification. There are also some GEPs which have no A level requirement at all.

ReputationRep:
    What Democracy said, there's 4+ that don't so you can fill out all your options without needing to do an A Level. However you may/will have to sit more than one entrance exam.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.